Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Display::PaintBackground not called
Display::PaintBackground not called [message #26223] Thu, 15 April 2010 08:09 Go to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
Some years ago I have put together the CodeMetric example. I have noticed that it no longer compiles due to library changes. I am trying to resurrect the code, and noticed that the background of ArrayCtrl cells no loger gets recolored even though I call SetDisplay with a Display subclass which overrides PaintBackground.
Only the cell's margin is painted with my PaintBackground.

void Display::Paint(Draw& w, const Rect& r, const Value& q, Color ink, Color paper, dword style) const
{
    StdDisplay().Paint(w, r, q, ink, paper, style);
}

Can this be modified so that the PaintBackground of the subclass is called? Something like this (does not compile).

void Display::Paint(Draw& w, const Rect& r, const Value& q, Color ink, Color paper, dword style) const
{    
    PaintBackground(w, r, q, ink, paper, style);
    StdDisplay().Paint0(w, r, q, ink, paper, style);
}

Thanks,
Sandor
Re: Display::PaintBackground not called [message #26244 is a reply to message #26223] Fri, 16 April 2010 20:15 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
hojtsy wrote on Thu, 15 April 2010 02:09

Some years ago

Hi, welcome back! Smile

Quote:

I have noticed that it no longer compiles due to library changes.

Well, sorry about that, CodeBase was originally meant to be used in theide only...

Quote:

I am trying to resurrect the code, and noticed that the background of ArrayCtrl cells no loger gets recolored even though I call SetDisplay with a Display subclass which overrides PaintBackground.
Only the cell's margin is painted with my PaintBackground.

{
    StdDisplay().Paint(w, r, q, ink, paper, style);
}

Can this be modified so that the PaintBackground of the subclass is called? Something like this (does not compile).

{    
    PaintBackground(w, r, q, ink, paper, style);
    StdDisplay().Paint0(w, r, q, ink, paper, style);
}

Thanks,
Sandor

OK, you are right, this makes sense. (But I am out, will sync svn at sunday evening).

Mirek

Previous Topic: Toolbar images vanishing [SOLVED]
Next Topic: Access Animated GIF ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:15:31 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01536 seconds