Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » Videos in U++ web
Videos in U++ web [message #26384] Thu, 29 April 2010 12:32 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello all

It is prepared an uppweb version (not uploaded yet) that lets to include pure html in T++ help pages.

The actual format is this:

<@
<i>html text</i>
@>

This lets to include for example youtube videos in U++ page.

The advantage of including this in T++ help files is that it is not necessary to include the html text in C++ code. Uppweb application just parses T++ pages. If it finds the above sequence and just considers it is pure html.

A problem of this focus is that the html text "stains" the T++ page. It would be better if html would be invisible, like an html hyperlink or an index entry.

Please tell me if this format is adequate or you would change it.

A sample picture of it: Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=2505&private=0
  • Attachment: dib.PNG
    (Size: 254.18KB, Downloaded 763 times)

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2010 12:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Videos in U++ web [message #26385 is a reply to message #26384] Thu, 29 April 2010 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

GREAT!!!

Little correction: Not only pure html - this will allow all kinds of tricks with html, flash, javascript and whatever can be embedded into html... Just one simple example coming to my mind now: It is impossible to make forms using T++, but with this approach, you can include the form fields directly.

About the ideological problem you have with the visible html: Since this is going to be allowed only in www.tpp, I think it is absolutely OK that the html is visible. Actually I think it is even better than hiding it behind index entry like it was before. One had to read the source code to find out how would the page look like after the substitution.

You can always add html-style comment (<!-- ... --->) to explain the purpose of the markup in cases where it is not obvious.

Nice work I'm really looking forward to using this!

Honza
Re: Videos in U++ web [message #26715 is a reply to message #26385] Fri, 21 May 2010 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello all

Now it is online.

You can see a sample here: http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$devmovie$en-us.html

It is easy to insert a video or embed code in uppweb html. You just have to:

- choose where to put it,
- select some item that will be substituted in web by html (for example an image)
- append to it an Index Entry. That Index Entry has to begin with "HTMLTEXT" text and after that all code will be inserted literally in final html.

An advantage of this is that you can insert a frame of a video as a picture and append to it the Index Entry with html:

- When offline (simple T++) user will see the picture and
- when online (in web) user will see the video

so it will be always useful Smile

I will probably insert a video explaining how to insert a video Smile

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Videos in U++ web [message #26716 is a reply to message #26715] Fri, 21 May 2010 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Hello Koldo,
First video is made with codeswarm. I've forgot that i've put that on youtube Wink . Maybe i should transfer it to the other account.

Andrei
Re: Videos in U++ web [message #26717 is a reply to message #26716] Fri, 21 May 2010 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
andrei_natanael wrote on Fri, 21 May 2010 08:32

Hello Koldo,
First video is made with codeswarm. I've forgot that i've put that on youtube Wink . Maybe i should transfer it to the other account.

Andrei

Ok. I will include it in web.

Perhaps you forgot it but the community always pays attention ... Very Happy

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Videos in U++ web [message #26720 is a reply to message #26717] Fri, 21 May 2010 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
koldo wrote on Fri, 21 May 2010 09:55

andrei_natanael wrote on Fri, 21 May 2010 08:32

Hello Koldo,

Andrei

Ok. I will include it in web.

Perhaps you forgot it but the community always pays attention ... Very Happy

I've uploaded first video to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqXBDbpD_dk .Please update it's link because i will remove first account because i don't use it.

Thanks,
Andrei
Re: Videos in U++ web [message #26721 is a reply to message #26720] Fri, 21 May 2010 11:25 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
Ok. Done.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: "Interactive help via IRC" button on upp webpage and who wants to be regulars?
Next Topic: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:18:26 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01898 seconds