FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Scatter. Faster updates for huge datasets
Scatter. Faster updates for huge datasets [message #26690] Wed, 19 May 2010 15:50 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello all

As usually datasets are sequential in X axis, for example, there is a value/second, there are two new functions in Scatter that use this to multiply the update speed:

- SetSequentialX: Indicates that the data has been sequentially inserted following X axis

- SetFastViewX: Indicates that it will be viewed a point per horizontal pixel. This point will be the average of all data that is in that pixel

TestScatter2 includes now a new tab with 200000 points datasets that are easily handled. I have tried it with 2000000 in my two years old computer and it works well in debug mode.

This possibility has been included in .usc file so it can be used at least partially in Layout editor.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Scatter. Faster updates for huge datasets [message #26701 is a reply to message #26690] Wed, 19 May 2010 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

koldo wrote on Wed, 19 May 2010 16:50

Hello all

As usually datasets are sequential in X axis, for example, there is a value/second, there are two new functions in Scatter that use this to multiply the update speed:

- SetSequentialX: Indicates that the data has been sequentially inserted following X axis

- SetFastViewX: Indicates that it will be viewed a point per horizontal pixel. This point will be the average of all data that is in that pixel

TestScatter2 includes now a new tab with 200000 points datasets that are easily handled. I have tried it with 2000000 in my two years old computer and it works well in debug mode.

This possibility has been included in .usc file so it can be used at least partially in Layout editor.

Hello Koldo,

Nice Optimization you did!
But i think that will not works correct for all points data! It works only for x sorted points.
I did not look in detail your changes. But I will do!

Overall, nice realization!
Re: Scatter. Faster updates for huge datasets [message #26702 is a reply to message #26701] Wed, 19 May 2010 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Quote:

Hello Koldo,

But i think that will not works correct for all points data! It works only for x sorted points.

Thank Ion Smile

Yes it is. Both optimizations are centered on X data series. Remember the names. Both ends with "X":

- SetSequentialX: Requires a series of ordered data in X axis
- SetFastViewX: Minimizes pixel drawing considering X axis

Both optimizations could be implemented for vertical series. For real XY plots (like a circle) they are not useful.

However in many cases (from my experience) datasets are sequentially ordered following X axis. And the speed improvement is very high.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Scatter. Faster updates for huge datasets [message #26706 is a reply to message #26702] Thu, 20 May 2010 09:10 Go to previous message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

koldo wrote on Wed, 19 May 2010 22:55

Quote:

Hello Koldo,

Thank Ion Smile

Yes it is. Both optimizations are centered on X data series. Remember the names. Both ends with "X":

- SetSequentialX: Requires a series of ordered data in X axis
- SetFastViewX: Minimizes pixel drawing considering X axis

Both optimizations could be implemented for vertical series. For real XY plots (like a circle) they are not useful.

However in many cases (from my experience) datasets are sequentially ordered following X axis. And the speed improvement is very high.

From a few days ago I started to use this control! I will try to come with improvements!
Previous Topic: GUI Form Editor
Next Topic: Scatter: use NONMARK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:15:05 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04498 seconds