Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Positioning in Designer
Positioning in Designer [message #2134] Sun, 02 April 2006 11:53
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I've managed to arrange 20 widgets in a layout with the Designer and the task to position each of them was not easy.

Very often the widgets need to be disposed in a manner that show some simmetry (horizontally or vertically). In this case could be very confortable to indicate to the designer the position of a container and its direction and then fill the container with widgets. The designer will arrange the widgets respecting the simmetry and the space among them.
In other words I miss a sort of VerticalBox and HorizontalBox, on the model of the Ultimate LabelBox, but that are active containers (to which refer the relative position). So each widget inside them are arranged in the better way (equally spaced) in their preferred direction. Of course you could realize complex combination: vertical container inside horizontal container and so on.
This means that when the user move one of this container, all widgets inside it follow the same fate in that they are anchored to it.
At the moment each widget seems indipendent from the other and it is possible to anchor them only to the edge of the layout (maybe I'm wrong). This means that if I change the position of one widget then I must retouch the position of all other widgets to reduce the space among them. This is frustrating with complex interface. But maybe I use the wrong approach.

Luigi
Previous Topic: Programming for Layout Objects
Next Topic: Code generator in Designer [FEATURE REQUEST][SOLVED...:)]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:29:12 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01703 seconds