Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Help needed.
Help needed. [message #27331] Mon, 12 July 2010 18:28 Go to next message
281264 is currently offline  281264
Experienced Member
Hi,

I am struggling with this dummy application I am creating. The objective is to draw lines in the application’s screen after the user has selected “line” by clicking in its corresponding button.

Allow me to explain what I have done:

1.- I have created a struct containing a menu with three buttons-only button “line” does something.
2.- I have added a SplitterFrame and put the previous struct in its left. This allows me to have the application’s window for drawing.
3.- Functionality: once the user has selected “line” from the menu the screen shows mouse coordinates. Then the user clicks again and anchors one point of the line; after a second click the line is drawn on the screen; so far so good.
4.- However, in the next steps, I am finding some problems:
a.- the last coordinates remains in the screen after line creation process; how to get rid off it?
b.- My intention is to store all the lines in a container, so they can be redraw every time is needed. So far, I am using C++ vectors. I have created a struct –line- for contain lines (with four variables). The first problem arises when I try to create a line in my application: it does not compile. Second is the usage of vectors or U++ vectors. What to use? In general, is it allow to use the STL in U++?.

Many thanks,

Javier
Re: Help needed. [message #27332 is a reply to message #27331] Mon, 12 July 2010 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Oops, I forgot to include the files. Here they are.
Re: Help needed. [message #27337 is a reply to message #27331] Tue, 13 July 2010 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
281264 wrote on Mon, 12 July 2010 18:28

Hi,

I am struggling with this dummy application I am creating. The objective is to draw lines in the application’s screen after the user has selected “line” by clicking in its corresponding button.

Allow me to explain what I have done:

1.- I have created a struct containing a menu with three buttons-only button “line” does something.
2.- I have added a SplitterFrame and put the previous struct in its left. This allows me to have the application’s window for drawing.
3.- Functionality: once the user has selected “line” from the menu the screen shows mouse coordinates. Then the user clicks again and anchors one point of the line; after a second click the line is drawn on the screen; so far so good.
4.- However, in the next steps, I am finding some problems:
a.- the last coordinates remains in the screen after line creation process; how to get rid off it?
b.- My intention is to store all the lines in a container, so they can be redraw every time is needed. So far, I am using C++ vectors. I have created a struct –line- for contain lines (with four variables). The first problem arises when I try to create a line in my application: it does not compile. Second is the usage of vectors or U++ vectors. What to use? In general, is it allow to use the STL in U++?.

Many thanks,

Javier

Hello Javier

1. I have renamed "line" struct to "myline". line name seems not to be good for a struct.

4.a I have added this to handle mouse up:

void ejemplo_splitter::LeftUp(Point p,dword d) {
	if(!ended) {
		ended = 1;
		Refresh();
	}
}

And Paint begin like this:
void ejemplo_splitter::Paint(Draw& draw)
{
	draw.DrawRect(GetSize(),White());

now it works.

4.b About vectors or other containers I use U++ ones. Read for example this http://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$Core$NTLvsSTL$en-us.html or this http://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$Core$Tutorial$en-us.html

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Help needed. [message #27346 is a reply to message #27337] Tue, 13 July 2010 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
An additional question, how can a modify the mouse’s cursor when, for instance, the user is drawing a line?.
Re: Help needed. [message #27348 is a reply to message #27346] Tue, 13 July 2010 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

281264 wrote on Tue, 13 July 2010 13:02

An additional question, how can a modify the mouse’s cursor when, for instance, the user is drawing a line?.

Just pass the new cursor image to OverrideCursor() in LeftUp. And don't forget to put the original (usually Image::Arrow(), I think) back in, using the same method, when the line is finished.

Honza
Re: Help needed. [message #27349 is a reply to message #27348] Tue, 13 July 2010 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
That's not the best solution IMO. You should override CursorImage on your drawing ctrl instead:

virtual Image CursorImage(Point p, dword keyflags) {
   if (drawing) 
      return Image::Cross();
   else
      return Image::Arrow();
}

[Updated on: Tue, 13 July 2010 14:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help needed. [message #27350 is a reply to message #27349] Tue, 13 July 2010 15:04 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

mrjt wrote on Tue, 13 July 2010 14:48

That's not the best solution IMO. You should override CursorImage on your drawing ctrl instead

Thanks mrjt, didn't even know about this method. I still learn Smile

Honza
Previous Topic: U ++ Vector vs STL vector
Next Topic: Usage of Date and Time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:15:15 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01207 seconds