Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » is U++ the right tool for this?
is U++ the right tool for this? [message #27743] Sat, 31 July 2010 18:03 Go to next message
alikim is currently offline  alikim
I need to create a standalone Windows application, which reads an image from the system clipboard and does some OCR.

So basically, I need access to the clipboard graphics data, some functionality to work with the bitmap at pixel level and then to store text data in a file.

Is it something which is easy to do with U++ ?

Thanks!
Re: is U++ the right tool for this? [message #27746 is a reply to message #27743] Sat, 31 July 2010 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Hello alikim,

You don't have any OCR functions in U++ but if you want to create yours then it's easy to use U++ for everything else.
With ReadClipboardImage() you may read the image from clipboard, convert it in ImageBuffer and work directly with pixels.

Andrei
Re: is U++ the right tool for this? [message #27749 is a reply to message #27743] Sat, 31 July 2010 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
alikim wrote on Sat, 31 July 2010 18:03

I need to create a standalone Windows application, which reads an image from the system clipboard and does some OCR.

So basically, I need access to the clipboard graphics data, some functionality to work with the bitmap at pixel level and then to store text data in a file.

Is it something which is easy to do with U++ ?

Thanks!

Take a look at PixRaster - PixRasterCtrl and TestLeptonica Bazaar classes.... mostly unfinished, but already containing a starting interface to Leptonica pixel library, which is aimed, among others, on raster document analysis.
I have also on my tree some basic Tesseract upp package. Tesseract is a good OCR opensource package.
Combining both you can "quickly" ge a working doc analysis/ocr stuff; I was working on it some months ago and it was a promising stuff, already able to separate text and picture blocks from a scanned page and OCR the text parts.
No time anymore to develop it for now.....

Ciao

Max
Re: is U++ the right tool for this? [message #27752 is a reply to message #27743] Sun, 01 August 2010 06:56 Go to previous message
alikim is currently offline  alikim
thanks!
Previous Topic: Initial settings for U++ application
Next Topic: Hello, need a helping hand
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:18:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01380 seconds