Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » MSVC++ Runtime error
MSVC++ Runtime error [message #28497] Fri, 03 September 2010 13:35 Go to next message
mubeta is currently offline  mubeta
I build an GUI MT application, compiled with MSVC9, included in the SDK for Windows 7. All installed in XP 32 bit. Before to install the SDK and the compiler I had to install .NET framwork 2.0 and 3.5.

I compiled the application as: All static.

Now someone get this program, (99% using XP 32 bit), and complains that they get the following error: "This application has requested the runtime to terminate in unusual way. Please contact ..."

With google I found a lot of pages discussing around this problem, and now I only fill more confuse.

It's the first time that this happen, and the difference from other applications is the multithread. But in my side, teste in three different XP installation, all it's working well.

I suggest to the users to install .NET framework 2.0 and 3.5, but now I don't have any feedback.

The problem can be there? I must include the frameworks in my installation packages ?

Thanks.
Re: MSVC++ Runtime error [message #28498 is a reply to message #28497] Fri, 03 September 2010 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Mubeta

Do you mean that a MT program compiled with MSVC9 requires to have installed in the PC .Net framework 2.0 or newer?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: MSVC++ Runtime error [message #28500 is a reply to message #28498] Fri, 03 September 2010 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, no. Yhe problem was solved just now.
In an hidden thread of my application the function get an xml file from the application site, (where in this file I write the new file list for the auto-updates).

The problem was here:
String r = client.ExecuteRedirect(HttpClient::DEFAULT_MAX_REDIRECT, HttpClient::DEFAULT_RETRIES, pi);

if(client.IsError()) break;

if(r.GetCount() < 1) break;
XmlNode rn = ParseXML(r);

the xml file was not write correctly, so, the function ParseXML get confuse. Just for information, this is the xml wrong file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<updates>
  <s7da>
    <installation>
    </installation>
    <files>
    <About_it-it name="About$it-it.tpp" description="Help file for italian language." progBuild="5" fileBuild="1" relative_url="build_5\Docs.tpp\" relative_dest_path="Docs.tpp\" isInstallation="false"  restartRequired = "false" runtimeOverwritable="false"/>
    <About_en-us name="About$en-us.tpp" description="Help file for english language." progBuild="5" fileBuild="1" relative_url="build_5\Docs.tpp\" relative_dest_path="Docs.tpp\" isInstallation="false"  restartRequired = "false" runtimeOverwritable="false"/>    </files>
  </EpdManager>
</updates>

The node starting with <s7da> ending worg with </EpdManager> and so, the XML parset getting crazy.

I don't know why the error message go so far.

mistero.
Re: MSVC++ Runtime error [message #28501 is a reply to message #28500] Fri, 03 September 2010 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Yes, the xml parsing functions are very sensitive to errors.

Well, fortunately you got with the problem. Easier to solve than it seemed Smile.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: MSVC++ Runtime error [message #28502 is a reply to message #28501] Fri, 03 September 2010 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, possible, but maybe ParseXML also can take more in account the source string length.
Re: MSVC++ Runtime error [message #28758 is a reply to message #28497] Wed, 15 September 2010 15:05 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
chrisadam2 wrote on Wed, 15 September 2010 13:06

At last, I compiled my dll in MSVC, and link it correctly in MSVC. While debug, I really got some memory error, and steped into the dll-codes. But while the dll compiled in mingw, it would not step into the actual dll code, and just throw a 'Runtime Error'.

Hello ChisAdam

Have you tried to debug your application compiling it static?

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: localized formating of double on linux
Next Topic: Windows 7 problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:48:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01841 seconds