Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » FileSel&FileList, Path » FileSel has classic Windows look since r2848
FileSel has classic Windows look since r2848 [message #29797] Wed, 17 November 2010 20:44 Go to next message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
The latest additions to the FileSel component (r2848) have resulted in a problem on Windows (Vista). The file open dialog now looks native (so far no problem), but it has the classic, unthemed, windows look instead of the modern Vista look.
If I comment out the additions done in this revision to FileSel.cpp, the themed look is restored. Frankly, looking at the code, I have no idea why that is. The call to GestSystemMetrics, perhaps?

Added 2010-11-18: Hmm, weird; on Windows 7 commenting out the added code does not solve the issue. Were there more changes done that affect the file selector than those in FileSel.cpp? To be honest; I liked the non-native Ultimate look better. Is this change of look also a result of r2848 (I do not follow every single revision)?

Aha; got it. So there is FileSel and FileSelector. Aren't we spoiled. So, for the Ultimate look I need FileSel and for an (almost) native look, I need FileSelector.
Can anyone enlighten me why these two exist? Why not have one and have a flag 'SetNativeLook' or so. The situation now is pretty confusing.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 November 2010 14:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FileSel has classic Windows look since r2848 [message #29809 is a reply to message #29797] Thu, 18 November 2010 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
They are two separate dialogs. One uses WinAPI to get the native dialog for your OS. This changes from version to version of Windows. The other is made in U++ and looks the same or very similar on all platforms.
Re: FileSel has classic Windows look since r2848 [message #29810 is a reply to message #29809] Thu, 18 November 2010 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
Thanks for the explanation; I guess this makes sense.
The first remark I pointed out remains though; the native windows version does not follow the theming but looks like if you would set Windows to classic look. You know, the old fashioned square grey buttons.
I hope the Ultimate looking version is here to stay because I really like it a lot more.
Re: FileSel has classic Windows look since r2848 [message #31408 is a reply to message #29810] Tue, 01 March 2011 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ratah is currently offline  ratah
Experienced Member
Hello everybody,

I'm very happy to use FileSelect to have native dialog for Windows
Surprised

FileSelect fs;
fs.ExecuteOpen("test");

UPP team is the best

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2011 11:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FileSel has classic Windows look since r2848 [message #31413 is a reply to message #31408] Tue, 01 March 2011 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Against, I 'm in need to just choose a directory not a file
Here is the code i use with FileSel (UPP look)

FileSel fs;
fs.ActiveDir("C:/Test");

if (!fs.ExecuteSelectDir("Ouvrir à partir de ..."))
	return;

String selectedFolder = ~fs;

In FileSelector (native look), the user must select a file to allow me to have the directory needed.
FileSelector fsNative;	
fsNative.ActiveDir("C:/Test");

if (!fsNative.ExecuteOpen("Ouvrir à partir de ..."))
	return;

String selectedFolder = fsNative.GetActiveDir();

Do someone have an idea,

thank you
Re: FileSel has classic Windows look since r2848 [message #31460 is a reply to message #31408] Fri, 04 March 2011 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
ratah wrote on Tue, 01 March 2011 04:53

Hello everybody,

I'm very happy to use FileSelect to have native dialog for Windows
Surprised

FileSelect fs;
fs.ExecuteOpen("test");

UPP team is the best

BTW, there is now shortcut:

String file = SelectFileOpen("Text file\t*.txt");

Mirek
Re: FileSel has classic Windows look since r2848 [message #31465 is a reply to message #31460] Fri, 04 March 2011 14:52 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Thank you!
Previous Topic: File Chooser closing
Next Topic: Little fix for FileSel::AddPlace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:21:17 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01009 seconds