Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » using namespace system
using namespace system [message #31517] Wed, 09 March 2011 03:43 Go to next message
chandlerZ is currently offline  chandlerZ
Hello,

I was trying to use "using namespace System" in my U++ code.
It seems it has to be compiled with the Common Language Runtime Support (/clr).
How can I do that in U++? Or is it possible to do that in U++?

Chandler
Re: using namespace system [message #31518 is a reply to message #31517] Wed, 09 March 2011 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

chandlerZ wrote on Wed, 09 March 2011 03:43

Hello,

I was trying to use "using namespace System" in my U++ code.
It seems it has to be compiled with the Common Language Runtime Support (/clr).
How can I do that in U++? Or is it possible to do that in U++?

Chandler

Hi Chandler,

To add compiler options go to the project organizer and add "New compiler options..." from the context menu that pops up if you right-click in the right pane of the organizer window. Here you can fill in the /clr switch and optionally also witch flags should use it (leave the When field empty to use it everytime). You'll have to add it for all your packages that require the Common Language Runtime support.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: using namespace system [message #31524 is a reply to message #31518] Wed, 09 March 2011 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Re: using namespace system [message #31525 is a reply to message #31518] Wed, 09 March 2011 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to include /clr in the compiler option but I got the following error:

cl : Command line error D8016 : '/EHs' and '/clr' command-line options are incompatible

I realized that /clr does not support /EHs and the right command line option for it is /EHa. I was trying to include /EHa in the compiler option but it didn't solve the problem.

Any thoughts on that?

Thank you.
Re: using namespace system [message #31526 is a reply to message #31525] Wed, 09 March 2011 20:11 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

A word of warning first: I am NOT a windows programmer and I have only vague and generic knowledge of MSVC Wink

If I understood the documentation correctly the /EHs can be unset using /EHs-... The best hint I can give you is to try experiment a bit with the options, e.g. trying "/EHs- /EHa /clr" or something like that...

Maybe someone else will be able to give you better suggestion Wink

Honza
Previous Topic: BUG?: .cpp local typedefs mess up /w BLITZ$
Next Topic: Linking Ubuntu 10.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:00:35 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01045 seconds