Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » ColorPopup widget crashes TheIDE with "Invaild memory Access" on latest Daily builds of U+
ColorPopup widget crashes TheIDE with "Invaild memory Access" on latest Daily builds of U+ [message #32490] Fri, 20 May 2011 20:56 Go to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello guys,

There seems to be a crucial bug in Colorpopup.cpp which crashes any application, including TheIDE itself, using ColorPopup widget due to an "invalid memory access". Tested on both Ubuntu + Kubuntu 11.04

Crash can be reproduced while changing Syntax highlighting colors through Setup/Environment/Syntax Highlighting/Color buttons

Crash occures when SetFocus() method is invoked in CtrlLib/ColorPopup.cpp, line 317:

popup->SetRect(rt);
if(!popup->IsOpen()) 
	popup->PopUp(owner, true, true, true);
SetFocus(); // **************** Crashes any application using Colorpopup

I didn't have the time to examine the source code further, but shouldn't it be popup->SetFocus() ?

Regards.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2011 21:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ColorPopup widget crashes TheIDE with "Invaild memory Access" on latest Daily builds o [message #32515 is a reply to message #32490] Mon, 23 May 2011 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Oblivion,

Similar issue was already discussed here some time ago. It was fixed, but from your description it seems like it reappeared...

I'll try to have a look at it.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: ColorPopup widget crashes TheIDE with "Invaild memory Access" on latest Daily builds o [message #32912 is a reply to message #32515] Sun, 19 June 2011 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

SOLVED (maybe Wink)

Very strange!!!

I kill one row and all become correct!!!

Let's try!!!:

svn: 3546
file: X11Wnd.cpp
comment line: 875 (function void Ctrl::SetWndFocus0(bool *b):
void Ctrl::SetWndFocus0(bool *b)
{
	GuiLock __;
	LLOG("SetWndFocus " << Name());
	*b = false;
	if(top && top->window != focusWindow && IsEnabled() && IsVisible()) {
		LLOG("Setting focus... ");
		LTIMING("XSetInfputFocus");
//		KillFocus(focusWindow); // <<<----- Comment this line
		XSetInputFocus(Xdisplay, top->window, RevertToParent, CurrentTime);
		focusWindow = top->window;
		SetFocusWnd();
		*b = true;
	}
}

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2011 15:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ColorPopup widget crashes TheIDE with "Invaild memory Access" on latest Daily builds o [message #32926 is a reply to message #32490] Tue, 21 June 2011 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

Pls see here...
Re: ColorPopup widget crashes TheIDE with "Invaild memory Access" on latest Daily builds o [message #33662 is a reply to message #32926] Sun, 04 September 2011 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Fixed. Note: was not quite related to the "other" bug...
Re: ColorPopup widget crashes TheIDE with "Invaild memory Access" on latest Daily builds o [message #34550 is a reply to message #32490] Mon, 28 November 2011 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi,

Sorry to be so late to reply... Very busy with other things...

Not solved for me... (Ubuntu 10.04/gnome, theide 4205) No more crash, but the widget doesn't work anymore !

I tested it with the layout designer, with some controls having color choice. I cannot choose the color anymore...
Re: ColorPopup widget crashes TheIDE with "Invaild memory Access" on latest Daily builds o [message #34883 is a reply to message #34550] Fri, 16 December 2011 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
jibe wrote on Mon, 28 November 2011 10:49

Hi,

Sorry to be so late to reply... Very busy with other things...

Not solved for me... (Ubuntu 10.04/gnome, theide 4205) No more crash, but the widget doesn't work anymore !

I tested it with the layout designer, with some controls having color choice. I cannot choose the color anymore...

Should be now fixed.

Mirek
Re: ColorPopup widget crashes TheIDE with "Invaild memory Access" on latest Daily builds o [message #34941 is a reply to message #32490] Mon, 19 December 2011 09:14 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Hi,

Yes, working well now. Thanks Smile
Previous Topic: Hydra is limited to 10 threads
Next Topic: DragAndDrop FILES does not work under LINUX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:59:25 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01019 seconds