Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » OpenCV
OpenCV [message #32614] Sat, 28 May 2011 08:49 Go to next message
GaroRobe is currently offline  GaroRobe

When trying to build program with subj I get numerous "ambiguous symbol" errors in opencv2/core/types_c.h and uppsrc\Core/Defs.h files.

How do I fix it? Plus, maybe there are some practices using algorithms from OpenCV in U++?
Re: OpenCV [message #32632 is a reply to message #32614] Mon, 30 May 2011 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Artem

Kasome did a post with a nice sample here.

If you need more help we can upload a simpler demo.

Are you using linux or windows?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: OpenCV [message #32646 is a reply to message #32614] Tue, 31 May 2011 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well, as far as I can see in given example only opencv v1 was used. I use 2.2 (opencv2 API).

No fuctional yet, just exploring:

#include <opencv2/opencv.hpp>
#include <CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h>
using namespace Upp;

void proto1::FileOpenClick()
{
	selectDlg.ExecuteOpen();
	IplImage* img = cvLoadImage(~selectDlg); 
}

Gives erros:

Quote:

c:\upp\uppsrc\core\config.h(97) : warning C4005: '_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE' : macro redefinition
C:\OpenCV2.2\include\opencv2/core/types_c.h(47) : see previous definition of '_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE'
C:\MyApps\proto1\main.cpp(20) : error C2040: 'img' : 'IplImage *' differs in levels of indirection from 'Upp::Image'
Re: OpenCV [message #32647 is a reply to message #32646] Tue, 31 May 2011 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Artem

Today I will upload you an Open CV demo.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: OpenCV [message #32690 is a reply to message #32647] Thu, 02 June 2011 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Artemm

The package is uploaded in Bazaar. See here.

The sample detects lines in the picture using Hough transform. This is the result:

index.php?t=getfile&id=3273&private=0

Please do not forget to set the folders in Build methods menu:

- INCLUDE directories
\plugin\OpenCV\include
C:\Desarrollo\Upp\plugin_BSD\OpenCV\include\opencv

- LIB directories
\plugin\OpenCV\lib

- PATH - executable directories
\plugin\OpenCV\bin
  • Attachment: dib.PNG
    (Size: 57.91KB, Downloaded 1353 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: OpenCV [message #32694 is a reply to message #32690] Thu, 02 June 2011 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

Very interesting,

But I am a little confused. What library is better to use for 2d and 3d acceleration.

From practice can somebody tell what to recommend?
Re: OpenCV [message #32696 is a reply to message #32694] Thu, 02 June 2011 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
tojocky wrote on Thu, 02 June 2011 10:17

Very interesting,

But I am a little confused. What library is better to use for 2d and 3d acceleration.

From practice can somebody tell what to recommend?

Hello Ion

I do not understand you. OpenCV is used for image processing.

You open images or real time video and process it, extracting the info you want.

It also accepts stereo images and lets you calibrate the camera and spatially position picture elements as in photogrametry.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: OpenCV [message #32698 is a reply to message #32696] Thu, 02 June 2011 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

koldo wrote on Thu, 02 June 2011 12:29

Hello Ion

I do not understand you. OpenCV is used for image processing.

You open images or real time video and process it, extracting the info you want.

It also accepts stereo images and lets you calibrate the camera and spatially position picture elements as in photogrametry.

From my question "2d and 3d acceleration" is a little confuse.

I mean that exist other libraries for image processing which uses gpu acceleration.

It is better to uses some optimized library than reinventing the wheel. In my example about reinventing the wheel was how to autolevel/autocorect an image.

And question:
From your experience what library is the recommended for use in image processing?
Re: OpenCV [message #32700 is a reply to message #32698] Thu, 02 June 2011 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Ion

OpenCV is recognized as the fastest. See for example this comparison taken from the "Learning OpenCV" book. The number of users is also very high.

Added:
However fastest is not always the best. In my case OpenCV camera calibration functions do not calibrate properly the cameras I use...

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2011 13:52]

Report message to a moderator

icon5.gif  Re: OpenCV [message #32713 is a reply to message #32700] Fri, 03 June 2011 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

There is "gpu" subfolder in lib, but I didn't have the time to look into it yet. Some structures and routines are definetly already there. Can't say what they do though Smile

BTW, have another noob question, a bit offtopic though. When I include <opencv22/opencv2/opencv.hpp>, everything else is included recursively and builds fine, but not everything is found by Ctrl+Space, e.g. if I try to explore "cv" namespace, I try typing "cv::" and press Assist shortcut, but get nothing. By just pressing shortcut, I don't even see "cv" namespace in the list. Once again, why? Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2011 04:31]

Re: OpenCV [message #32716 is a reply to message #32713] Fri, 03 June 2011 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Uuff. That is a weak point for me.

Honza, (or other Smile ) could you answer him?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: OpenCV [message #32718 is a reply to message #32700] Fri, 03 June 2011 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

koldo wrote on Thu, 02 June 2011 14:06

Hello Ion

OpenCV is recognized as the fastest. See for example this comparison taken from the "Learning OpenCV" book. The number of users is also very high.

Added:
However fastest is not always the best. In my case OpenCV camera calibration functions do not calibrate properly the cameras I use...

Thank you Koldo!
Re: OpenCV [message #32720 is a reply to message #32713] Fri, 03 June 2011 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

GaroRobe wrote on Fri, 03 June 2011 01:07

BTW, have another noob question, a bit offtopic though. When I include <opencv22/opencv2/opencv.hpp>, everything else is included recursively and builds fine, but not everything is found by Ctrl+Space, e.g. if I try to explore "cv" namespace, I try typing "cv::" and press Assist shortcut, but get nothing. By just pressing shortcut, I don't even see "cv" namespace in the list. Once again, why? Smile

It is quite simple Smile The parser in theide ignores namespaces completely. It is a tradeof to get the parsing faster. You should be able too see most of the methods (classes, variables, macros, etc...) by just skipping the namespace part. Unless the code is too cryptic, uses macros extensively, or something like that, that the parser chokes on, but that doesn't happen too often.

Honza
Re: OpenCV [message #32723 is a reply to message #32720] Sat, 04 June 2011 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Don't quite understand. What do you mean "skipping the namespaces"?
Well, it seems that OpenCV C++ API is right that "too cryptic" case. Take, for example, cv::calibrateCamera method. I might use cvCalibrateCamera (OpenCV C API), but I, peronally, find such decisions inconsistent - I use C++ because I want to use it, not because I can use C syntax in it.
Re: OpenCV [message #32724 is a reply to message #32723] Sat, 04 June 2011 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

GaroRobe wrote on Sat, 04 June 2011 07:12

Don't quite understand. What do you mean "skipping the namespaces"?
Well, it seems that OpenCV C++ API is right that "too cryptic" case. Take, for example, cv::calibrateCamera method. I might use cvCalibrateCamera (OpenCV C API), but I, peronally, find such decisions inconsistent - I use C++ because I want to use it, not because I can use C syntax in it.

By "skipping namespaces" I meant just not typing them Smile E.g. type just calibrat and Assist should show calibrateCamera. It works as if there was always appropriate using namespace ... even when there isn't Smile

Honza
Re: OpenCV [message #32729 is a reply to message #32724] Sat, 04 June 2011 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

My point is it doesn't. See for it yourself Smile
Re: OpenCV [message #32733 is a reply to message #32729] Sat, 04 June 2011 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Ok, my bad... Now I actually looked at the package and it is all clear Smile Sorry for misleading you before.

The way the package is constructed, it uses libraries and include files from outside of U++. And Assist++ parser only reads the files that are present in the packages. That is another trade-off for speed, parsing all the system headers would be very slow.

Also, while I was looking at the pacakge, I fixed it to compile and link on Linux, but I get a lot of memory leaks. Looking at the valgrind output, it seems that most of them is associated with gtk functions. My guess is that the opencv windowing functions (like cvNamedWindow) are to be blamed. It would be probably better to find a way to export the images to Upp::Image and handle all the GUI using U++. I haven't time to do that so far though...

Best regards,
Honza
Re: OpenCV [message #32734 is a reply to message #32733] Sun, 05 June 2011 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'll look into ways to import/export later, for now I compile mainly in win32 with msvc10 - it's the main target platform FOR NOW anyway. But lacking assist is really annoying.

Well what do we have:
1. Assist++ works good dynamically in most cases.
2. Assist++ fails in some obscure cases which are much-much-more less frequent, but sometimes annoying as hell.

My point is...:
3. Why not have an additional functionality for packages in form of Assist++ hinting dictionaries?
Make it so that package maintainers might make such dictionaries (say, "func prototype"/"header"[-"string#"][/"src"[-"string#"]][/ "descr"]) and assist would attach 'em to its list once when package is attached and the rest of A++ would work dynamically like it does now.

I really don't know A++ internals and don't really understand all the problems following names parsing, but such function would be, to my mind, a decent tradeoff.
Re: OpenCV [message #32738 is a reply to message #32734] Sun, 05 June 2011 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Honza

It would be probably better to find a way to export the images to Upp::Image and handle all the GUI using U++. I haven't time to do that so far though...

No problem. As I did not like OpenCV windowing system (HighGui) I included in OpenCV a U++ image window class and functions to convert images from/to U++ and OpenCV Smile.

Go to:
IplImage *ImageToCv(Image &img, bool iscolor = false);
Image CvToImage(IplImage *imgCV);
class ImageWindow;

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2011 07:07]

Re: OpenCV [message #32740 is a reply to message #32738] Sun, 05 June 2011 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

Sweet! Very Happy
Previous Topic: Printing without dialog
Next Topic: How to resize an image without the default filter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:19:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01553 seconds