Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Can one influence the tip window?
Can one influence the tip window? [message #33374] Fri, 29 July 2011 13:09 Go to next message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
Hello,

I have a question regarding the tip window. More precisely the one that pops up in an ArrayCtrl when hovering a cell with text that is too large to be shown completely within the cell boundaries. But I am interested in this on a general level as well.
The question I have is whether it is possible to influence what (and how) is displayed in these tips. I tried with a custom Display object attached to the column, but I have the impression that's not were the tip is drawn.
I know there is a way to statically set the tip text (Ctrl::Info), but I am more interested in dynamic behaviour. A callback or overridable method would both suit my purpose.

Thanks in advance,

Frank
Re: Can one influence the tip window? [message #33383 is a reply to message #33374] Sat, 30 July 2011 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
frankdeprins wrote on Fri, 29 July 2011 07:09

Hello,

I have a question regarding the tip window. More precisely the one that pops up in an ArrayCtrl when hovering a cell with text that is too large to be shown completely within the cell boundaries. But I am interested in this on a general level as well.
The question I have is whether it is possible to influence what (and how) is displayed in these tips. I tried with a custom Display object attached to the column, but I have the impression that's not were the tip is drawn.
I know there is a way to statically set the tip text (Ctrl::Info), but I am more interested in dynamic behaviour. A callback or overridable method would both suit my purpose.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

At the moment, it is not possible. In fact, the only purpose is to show cell content that does not fit into the cell.

When I need what you are asking about, I use Tip... (you can dynamically set this 'static' text, right? Smile

Mirek
Re: Can one influence the tip window? [message #33384 is a reply to message #33374] Sat, 30 July 2011 19:49 Go to previous message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
OK; thanks. I'll do it that way.
Previous Topic: Tab inside tab.. invoked through a button
Next Topic: Invalid reference in imgctrl.cpp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:25:25 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02103 seconds