Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » Where I find other templates?
Where I find other templates? [message #33531] Sun, 21 August 2011 17:03 Go to next message
RDP9 is currently offline  RDP9
Not sure if this is the section for this thread.

I discovered Ultimate++ while I was looking for a good editor/compiler that wasn't full of unnecessary stuff on screen, like Visual Studio, Eclipse, or outdated and uncontinued like Dev-C++. So far, U++ fits my needs though would need some nice tutorials and better explained Help documents.

So, I first started with version 2007.1 two weeks ago, then found there was a newer version, as for this year. The thing is that in version 2007.1, when I was creating a new package, there were several option to choose as templates (Win32 API, Console non U++, etc.). Check the version to see what I mean. And now, that I have installed the latest version, the templates available for a new package are Core console project, and 2 others for the MyApps assembly, and just empty template for a new inserted assembly.

I would like to know why there is only 3 or 4 templates available only (I searched the uppsrc folder and found only 4 *.upt files, which I understand, from reading one thread, is the format for templates). Also, where I can find the other templates.
Is there a way I can transfer older templates to newer versions?

I would like to suggest that you could also make available those templates not included in newer version as download from the SourceForge site of U++, so we can get them easily. Please consider this suggestion.

Thank you.
Re: Where I find other templates? [message #33532 is a reply to message #33531] Sun, 21 August 2011 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi RDP9,
welcome to the forum Cool

I'm afraid this is a mistake on our side Embarassed Some of the templates were moved to the uppsrc/upt directory and I believe we forgot to package it to the releases. Can you check if it is present on your computer?

Before we fix it, you can download them here. Thank you for noticing this problem.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Where I find other templates? [message #33533 is a reply to message #33531] Sun, 21 August 2011 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks! Very Happy

Folder uppsrc/upt doesn't exist.

So that means on next release those files be included.

As for when I download those files, where do I store them so they work?
Re: Where I find other templates? [message #33534 is a reply to message #33533] Sun, 21 August 2011 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Yes, tomorrow nightly build should be OK or maybe the next one, depends when Mirek reads my message, as I don't have a privilege to do it myself.

To make the downloaded files work just drop them anywhere in your assembly, either in uppsrc or even in your MyApps directory. As long as they are in the nests TheIDE should find them.

Honza
Re: Where I find other templates? [message #33535 is a reply to message #33531] Sun, 21 August 2011 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great! Thank you very much. Also for the quick reply!

About the releases of U++, what's the difference of nightly releases and stable releases? I read the download section, but quiet don't understand it well. Which is better, and which do you recommend to use?
Re: Where I find other templates? [message #33536 is a reply to message #33535] Sun, 21 August 2011 21:11 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

The stable releases should contain well tested code and come out once every one or two months, when the developers feel that all the new features since last release are working without any major bugs.

The nightly builds on the other hand are published every night, so they contain all the fresh changes. Of course with all their bugs, but it also works the other way around - the bug fixes are never backported to the stable releases (it would be too much work), so the nightly builds are the "most fixed" version Smile .

U++ is kind of a rolling release project (many people is even using the fresh SVN sources), but in general the code tends to be pretty stable. I remember very few occasions when a serious bug got into the repository and most of the times the fix came in less than two days.

The final decision is up to you, but I would generally recommend you to use nightly builds. The only two cases when I personally would recommend using stable releases are when working in corporate environment within a big team of programmers or when having limited internet connection.

Honza
Previous Topic: Subdirectories in packages
Next Topic: Excluding files from build depending on flags
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:20:07 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01439 seconds