Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » build flag problem
build flag problem [message #33822] Fri, 16 September 2011 15:13 Go to next message
o_wild is currently offline  o_wild
Promising Member
Hi,
When I build third-party library with TheIDE, a problem puzzles me. All the flags I set with TheIDE GUI loss their effect. After checking "be verbose" I found out the reason. It's because the flags I entered in GUI have been preppended. For example, 'COIN_INTERNAL' became 'flagCOIN_INTERNAL',but in the third-party code there are a lot of '#ifdef COIN_INTERNAL',no wonder they loss their effect. It's annoying modifying the code.there are a lot of such macros.What can I do! Crying or Very Sad

Wilde
Re: build flag problem [message #33828 is a reply to message #33822] Fri, 16 September 2011 23:42 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

o_wild wrote on Fri, 16 September 2011 15:13

Hi,
When I build third-party library with TheIDE, a problem puzzles me. All the flags I set with TheIDE GUI loss their effect. After checking "be verbose" I found out the reason. It's because the flags I entered in GUI have been preppended. For example, 'COIN_INTERNAL' became 'flagCOIN_INTERNAL',but in the third-party code there are a lot of '#ifdef COIN_INTERNAL',no wonder they loss their effect. It's annoying modifying the code.there are a lot of such macros.What can I do! Crying or Very Sad

Wilde

Hi Wilde,

The build flags in TheIDE are U++ specific thing. If you want to affect the third party code you will have to set the macros in Package organizer by adding compiler options, e.g.: "-DCOIN_INTERNAL". If you want it to correspond to build flags, use the When clause. Or in some cases you can define them in your code, using plain old #define before including the 3rd party headers (in that case you can also make it depend on the build flag using "#ifdef flagCOIN_INTERNAL").

Best regards,
Honza

[Updated on: Fri, 16 September 2011 23:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Anyone have a simple wav recorder/player that works?
Next Topic: *.brc files and x64 linking problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 18:00:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02534 seconds