Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Disappearing menus and other weird MinGW stuff
Disappearing menus and other weird MinGW stuff [message #35446] Thu, 16 February 2012 12:39
keltor is currently offline  keltor
Hi everyone, new U++ user here, and loving it!

I am learning to use U++ and it took me a while to find a workaround about a weird problem I was having. I thought I'd let you know, in case someone else finds the same issue.

I am creating a GUI for a C++ cmd program I developed. I was stuck trying to get the application menu working (you know, File, Edit, Help, that sort of stuff). I managed to produce it in the beginning but then it disappeared: the application was running with no menu bar, and the Exit confirmation prompt I was showing at the end had no buttons or text either.

It turns out that the "feature" Smile is related to the g++ compiler. Apparently, the -ftree-vectorize option, enabled by default with -O3 optimization, is the culprit. Now I am compiling with -Ofast -fno-tree-vectorize and it works as intended.

Incidentally, I am using the MinGW Win32 version of g++ 4.6.0, and GUI MT SSE2. I had other issues with the Win64 compiler but I realise that one should not expect perfect compatibility in that case.

U++ bug? MinGW oddity? Anyway, maybe this proves useful to someone.

Kel
Previous Topic: Versioning support utility
Next Topic: How do I compile C++ files in Visual Studio 2008?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:55:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01536 seconds