Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Some packages are missing in last nightly builds
Some packages are missing in last nightly builds [message #36366] Wed, 23 May 2012 00:05 Go to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
I noticed today that the ScatterDraw and ScatterCtrl are missing from the nightly builds (WIN and X11 tar) although they have been present in uppsrc (SVN) for at least 3 weeks.

Maybe it's also the case for other packages ?
Re: Some packages are missing in last nightly builds [message #36368 is a reply to message #36366] Wed, 23 May 2012 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Didier wrote on Wed, 23 May 2012 00:05

I noticed today that the ScatterDraw and ScatterCtrl are missing from the nightly builds (WIN and X11 tar) although they have been present in uppsrc (SVN) for at least 3 weeks.

Maybe it's also the case for other packages ?

Hi Didier,
So this rather old and many times reported problem strikes again... Smile There is a file trunk/uppsrc/packages that holds a list of packages that are meant to be packaged in the releases. And very often (I'd guess every single time in last two years Smile) when some new packages are added, they are not added to this file.

I've already ranted about this a few times before and I'm going to say it again Wink This way of handling releasing packages is very error prone, as is again and again demonstrated... IMHO all packages in uppsrc should be exported. What is not good enough for release, should be moved somewhere else (back to bazaar or to some designated area for obsolete packages) or deleted. Or at least it should be changed to work as a blacklist, instead of whitelist - that would help a lot too since there would be only few blacklisted packages and also it would be easier to remember.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Some packages are missing in last nightly builds [message #36397 is a reply to message #36368] Wed, 23 May 2012 21:19 Go to previous message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi Honza,

Well I only wan't to use these packages and if they are in uppsrc, they should be delivered automatically. For bazaar this may not be true but for uppsrc, it definitly should.

so +1
Previous Topic: Error compiling nightly-4611
Next Topic: Unable to build on Arch Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:40:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02535 seconds