FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » How to focus a dialog
How to focus a dialog [message #37656] Tue, 30 October 2012 23:06 Go to next message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
I created a dialog that runs over the main form. In .NET such a dialog has focus by default. I mean that you cannot focus the main form until the dialog is closed.

I noticed that in U++ a dialog is always on top of the main form, but I can still focus the main form. Is there a way to make the main form unfocusable until I closed my dialog?
Re: How to focus a dialog [message #37659 is a reply to message #37656] Wed, 31 October 2012 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Yes, you can. It is called modal and modeless dialogs. It seems you created modeless dialog instead of modal one. To create modal dialog in U++ you have a number of techniques (see Help for "Modal" inside TheIDE). The quickest way seems to call Execute() for your dialog object (notice that you also have ExecuteOK()/ExecuteCancel()).
Re: How to focus a dialog [message #37662 is a reply to message #37656] Wed, 31 October 2012 09:16 Go to previous message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
That worked! Thanks for your help Smile
Previous Topic: error LNK2019 when using CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h
Next Topic: Recent Problem with all u++ apps on Ubuntu 12.04
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:05:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01945 seconds