FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » Cannot add packages to main package
Cannot add packages to main package [message #37798] Tue, 13 November 2012 13:22 Go to next message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
I am using the latest version of U++ on ubuntu linux. I have a problem now with compiling my application because of inherited packages. I cannot add the Core, CtrlLib, etc. packages to my project! The seem to be invisible when I try to add them to my package. When I set the main package to for example: Core, then it does work!

When I just installed TheIDE I didn't experience this problem. I don't know what changed that made me not able to add packages to my main package. I have completely reinstalled theide and upp, including manually removed the sources directories (/usr/share/upp/ and ~/upp).

Why is this happening? Does anybody know it?
Re: Cannot add packages to main package [message #39652 is a reply to message #37798] Sat, 13 April 2013 10:14 Go to previous message
piotr5 is currently offline  piotr5
Experienced Member
for those who didn't know: after starting theide you will see only main packages of the 1st nest. to see the other packages you must say so below the packaage list. adding a package lateron will default to showing all packages though. however, if your favourite package isn't shown, you should edit the nest. for example in recent versions creating a new nest defaults to copying the old one, instead of actually adding a new directory with the same name as the nest. imho a bug. just put your cursor in the list of used nests and add the directory manually...
Previous Topic: Excluding files from build depending on flags
Next Topic: howto delete/remove main package?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:55:40 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02690 seconds