Overview
Examples
Screenshots
Comparisons
Applications
Download
Documentation
Tutorials
Bazaar
Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums












SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Broken packages
Broken packages [message #39863] Tue, 07 May 2013 17:46 Go to next message
keltor is currently offline  keltor
Messages: 73
Registered: February 2012
Member
Hello,

In an effort to learn better this amazing tool called U++, I am taking a deeper look at the code provided. I have found that there are some broken packages that used to work but do not anymore with the latest distribution.

Namely, with the current (6031) build, I have so far found two packages with issues:

-Docking: it fails to build. The culprit is the width variable in DockPane.cpp. In older builds, the offending code was commented out, so it worked. I do not know the exact commit where this got broken.

-ProtectTest: The package builds correctly, however the custom build step for Windows reads

c:\desarrollo\upp\ProtectEncrypt.exe $(OUTPATH) <key value>


where key value is the hex code to protect the exe with. Instead it should be

ProtectEncrypt.exe $(OUTDIR) <key value>


(assuming that you put the ProtectEncrypt.exe in your path). I suspect that the POSIX build should be changed accordingly too.

On a side note, I can confirm that the "ordinary" Protect package (I have not tried the client/server yet) works with Visual Studio 2012.


I hope this is helpful. I will report any other broken packages that I find.


Have a nice coding,

Keltor

[Updated on: Tue, 07 May 2013 17:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Broken packages [message #39942 is a reply to message #39863] Tue, 14 May 2013 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keltor is currently offline  keltor
Messages: 73
Registered: February 2012
Member
It seems I was a little hasty in declaring Docking "broken". I have successfully compiled an old project that uses it, under Build 6031. However, it appears that the Docking examples do not work. I'm a little confused, to be honest. Anyone cares to take a look?
Re: Broken packages [message #40215 is a reply to message #39863] Wed, 03 July 2013 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Messages: 1285
Registered: September 2007
Senior Contributor
keltor wrote on Tue, 07 May 2013 17:46

Hello,

......

-ProtectTest: The package builds correctly, however the custom build step for Windows reads

c:\desarrollo\upp\ProtectEncrypt.exe $(OUTPATH) <key value>




mhhhh... I guess somebody updated the bazaar package by mistake, as my original one didn't have an hard wired path inside custom build steps.
About the $(OUTDIR) I guess you're right, it was a change on a recent ide update.

Quote:


On a side note, I can confirm that the "ordinary" Protect package (I have not tried the client/server yet) works with Visual Studio 2012.


interesting. IIRC, it didn't work with msc10 because of compilers changes.
It can't indeed work on 64 bit versions of msc compilers, as they dropped inline assembler support. We should find a way to do without it, but I guess it'll be quite difficult and/or quite easy to crack.

Client/Server package should be compiler independent, so it should work. It uses old web package, which is in bazaar. I had no time yet to update to new code.

Thank you for testing Wink
Re: Broken packages [message #40260 is a reply to message #39942] Sat, 13 July 2013 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
281264 is currently offline  281264
Messages: 270
Registered: June 2010
Location: Spain
Experienced Member
You are right; the problem with DockingExample is weird. Hopefully someone will fix it.

Javier
Re: Broken packages [message #40384 is a reply to message #39863] Mon, 29 July 2013 18:34 Go to previous message
Alboni is currently offline  Alboni
Messages: 205
Registered: January 2012
Location: Deventer, Netherlands
Experienced Member
ProtectEncrypt.exe $(OUTDIR) AABBCCDDEEFF00112233445566778899

doesn't work for me. (MSC10)

$(OUTDIR) seems to give the wrong path: the folder where the .obj files are instead of the pathname of the executable.

It works if I change the line to:
ProtectEncrypt.exe $(EXEPATH) AABBCCDDEEFF00112233445566778899



It would also be optimal for use with TheIde if ProtectEncript would not change the filetime (or display the key).

[Updated on: Mon, 29 July 2013 19:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: MapRender
Next Topic: Protect packages - split code encryption,client and server
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Oct 26 13:19:25 CEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01182 seconds