FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » License for my program & donations
License for my program & donations [message #40086] Sun, 09 June 2013 15:39 Go to next message
tjerk is currently offline  tjerk
Promising Member
First of all, apologies for putting this in the coffee corner, I really didn't know where else to post it.

I am getting closer and closer to the actual release of my first real piece of software developed using Ultimate++ and theIDE. The software is a commercial product - or will intended to be anyway Smile

I now have some questions about acknowledgement and licensing. Basically... what are the requirements? Very Happy

I am not a license expert at all but my first impression of the Authors & License page is that it pertains to forks of this project itself and I don't have to credit Ultimate++ in the software I make with it, is that correct?

I will want to credit Ultimate++ anyway, that is not the point, but when I HAVE to I would like to know how exactly to be in the clear Smile

On an unrelated note: when we go public and start promoting the software I would also like to donate back to the Ultimate++ project in some way. I don't have (and don't want to have) Paypal or a credit card, would it be possible to make an international bank transfer to the project instead? To whom should I address this question in person?

[Updated on: Sun, 09 June 2013 15:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: License for my program & donations [message #40102 is a reply to message #40086] Tue, 11 June 2013 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
tjerk wrote on Sun, 09 June 2013 09:39

First of all, apologies for putting this in the coffee corner, I really didn't know where else to post it.

I am getting closer and closer to the actual release of my first real piece of software developed using Ultimate++ and theIDE. The software is a commercial product - or will intended to be anyway Smile

I now have some questions about acknowledgement and licensing. Basically... what are the requirements? Very Happy

Seriously, as long as you are not using any GPL licensed packaged (which is only nasm, so unlikely), there are none.

Practically, as far as I am concerned, there are none Smile

Quote:

I will want to credit Ultimate++ anyway, that is not the point, but when I HAVE to I would like to know how exactly to be in the clear Smile

Well, if you want to be nice, it would be good to put something like "Using Ultimate++" into About box. You also should have add credits for authors of 3rd party code, like plugin/png.

Quote:

On an unrelated note: when we go public and start promoting the software I would also like to donate back to the Ultimate++ project in some way. I don't have (and don't want to have) Paypal or a credit card, would it be possible to make an international bank transfer to the project instead? To whom should I address this question in person?

When the time comes, send me PM. Still, consider Paypal, it is quite useful thing to have...

Mirek
Re: License for my program & donations [message #40105 is a reply to message #40102] Tue, 11 June 2013 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Tue, 11 June 2013 02:11

Seriously, as long as you are not using any GPL licensed packaged (which is only nasm, so unlikely), there are none.

Practically, as far as I am concerned, there are none Smile

NASM is under the Simplified BSD License.

Regards,
Novo
Re: License for my program & donations [message #40123 is a reply to message #40086] Sun, 16 June 2013 10:14 Go to previous message
tjerk is currently offline  tjerk
Promising Member
Thank you for the reply mirek. I think I have now covered all my bases on the credits part in the About box. There is a link to Ultimate++ and I found the "Authors & License part about the plugins I have used.

I use scatter in my program so have thanked Andrei Catalin too, of course. Not sure if this is needed, but still Smile

I was under the impression that I got Report from Bazaar too, was this in Bazaar at some point or am I just confused again and has this always been a standard package?

Regarding the donation: someone told me that I can transfer money to my own Paypal account using my bank account so I do not need a credit card for it anymore. When I make my donation I will also post in the "Programs made with Ultimate++" forum to tell a little bit more about the program and what it does.

Thanks for now.
Previous Topic: New age of GUI
Next Topic: Chromium Embedded Framework
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:12:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00987 seconds