Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » DropList bug with XMonad window manager
DropList bug with XMonad window manager [message #42296] Wed, 05 March 2014 19:57 Go to next message
victorb is currently offline  victorb
I use XMonad (a tiling WM) on Ubuntu 13.10 + Mate (Gnome2).

DropList widgets do not render correctly: when the down arrow is pressed, I can see the option list blinking and disappearing. That's a rendering issue: if I release the mouse button where the option is supposed to be, its value get selected.

Ready to investigate further but I have no clue what I can do ?

Cheers,
Victor
Re: DropList bug with XMonad window manager [message #42352 is a reply to message #42296] Sat, 08 March 2014 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Are you using X11 or GTK backend?

Mirek
Re: DropList bug with XMonad window manager [message #42353 is a reply to message #42352] Sat, 08 March 2014 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How can I know ?

The bug affect TheIDE daily builds (and all samples apps)
Re: DropList bug with XMonad window manager [message #42355 is a reply to message #42353] Sat, 08 March 2014 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
GTK is now default...

Well, does it work some gtk based apps?

Mirek
Re: DropList bug with XMonad window manager [message #42360 is a reply to message #42355] Sun, 09 March 2014 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been using xmonad for several years (gnome 2) and haven't seen such an issue in any application.
Re: DropList bug with XMonad window manager [message #42361 is a reply to message #42360] Sun, 09 March 2014 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, pehaps the next logical step is to compile with X11 flag (that will switch off GTK backend and activate X11).

Mirek
Re: DropList bug with XMonad window manager [message #42391 is a reply to message #42361] Tue, 11 March 2014 08:23 Go to previous message
I did recompile theIDE both for X11 and GTK, the behavior is not really different:

- The DropLists in the menu bar (build method & build config) do work on both X11 & GTK versions

- The DropLists **inside** the build method dialog do work as describe in my first message: the options are not shown. Here GTK and X11 behave a little bit different: with GTK I can see the option furtively at start and the selected value would change if the mouse button is released where the option is supposed to be while on X11 and can not even see a blink and there is no "ghost" option list.

If a create a GUI application with only a DropList it would work.

I really this is related to XMonad, I'll test it with an other WM.
Previous Topic: Multi monitor support for X11 backend
Next Topic: FontPusher Ctrl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:01:02 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01431 seconds