Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Problem displaying using TURTLE (Problem displaying docking windows using TURTLE)
Problem displaying using TURTLE [message #42821] Sun, 06 April 2014 10:47 Go to next message
Slade is currently offline  Slade
Promising Member
I have supplied a slightly modified version of Docking Example 1 to demonstrate some issues using TURTLE package configuration. It gives problems linking, crashing and displaying. I have some idea of how to solve some of the problems and I have added comments in main.cpp but have no idea how to get it to show the display correctly. I am using UPP version 7178 under Windows 7. Thank you.
Re: Problem displaying using TURTLE [message #43029 is a reply to message #42821] Thu, 24 April 2014 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member

I found that adding the line StateH(OPEN) to the following method in package turtle file Top.cpp fixed the problem with docking control from not displaying.

I have also discovered another issue using either Chrome or Internet Explorer, whenever the back space key is pressed while editing a text field then the browser jumps back to a previous page. This does not seem to be a problem with FireFox. Does anyone know if something cleaver can be added to turtle.brc java script file that will tell the browser the back space key has been used so it does not try to jump back a page. Thank you.

void TopWindow::Open(Ctrl *owner)
{
GuiLock __;
LLOG("Open " << Upp::Name(owner));
Rect r = GetRect();
if(r.IsEmpty())
SetRect(GetDefaultWindowRect());
else
if(r.left == 0 && r.top == 0)
if(owner && center == 1)
SetRect(owner->GetRect().CenterRect(r.GetSize()));
else
if(center)
SetRect(GetWorkArea().CenterRect(r.GetSize()));
frame->SetClient(GetRect());
frame->window = this;
frame->PopUp(owner, false, true);
PopUp(frame, false, true);
popup = false;
SetRect(frame->GetClient());
StateH(OPEN); // <<<<< Add this line
SyncCaption();
PlaceFocus();
if(state == MAXIMIZED)
frame->Maximize();
}
Re: Problem displaying using TURTLE [message #43047 is a reply to message #43029] Sat, 26 April 2014 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Thanks, patch applied.

Mirek
Re: Problem displaying using TURTLE [message #43050 is a reply to message #43047] Sun, 27 April 2014 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Backspace problem should now be resolved too...
Re: Problem displaying using TURTLE [message #43140 is a reply to message #42821] Sat, 17 May 2014 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Thank you, the backspace problem is fix.

I found a similar issue pressing the tab, it would move focus up to the browser's (Internet Explore) tool bar. Clicking back onto the GUI edit control the cursor would flash there but the key presses would still go to the browsers tool bar. By pressing the tab a number of times I could get the key focus back to the GUI edit control. Applying the same fix you did for but for the tab character, stops the focus jumping to the tool bar. However similarly if you click on the tool bar then the GUI control again it will also take the focus away.

Another observation I found was that I had to add dummy routines for ViewDraw::ViewDraw(class Upp::Ctrl *) and ViewDraw::~ViewDraw() to prevent link error, however this is not needed with the WebWorld reference example.
Re: Problem displaying using TURTLE [message #43174 is a reply to message #43140] Wed, 28 May 2014 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Tab issue hopefully fixed.
Re: Problem displaying using TURTLE [message #43182 is a reply to message #43174] Fri, 30 May 2014 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Thank you Mirek,

If you do not mind, could you please just check the code you added to Turtle.cxx. How many '=' characters are used in the event.keyCode compare. The code I have got seems a bit odd. Thank you.

canvas.addEventListener("wheel", MouseWheel); // IE9 needs addEventListener...

document.onkeydown = function(event)
{
event_queue += "K " + event.keyCode + " " + event.which + key_flags(event);
ScheduleSend();
if(event.ctrlKey || event.altKey || event.keyCode === 8 || event.keyCode == 9) {
event.stopPropagation();
event.preventDefault();
}
}
Re: Problem displaying using TURTLE [message #43188 is a reply to message #43182] Mon, 02 June 2014 08:44 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Thanks! In fact, it really does not affect the function ('===' stands for 'exact comparison', which would work fine here), but I have fixed that anyway.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Zip all files in a directory
Next Topic: How to disable the sort of the gridctrl with respect a given column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:41:09 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01311 seconds