FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Embarking on an adventure with VS
Embarking on an adventure with VS [message #43578] Sat, 06 September 2014 17:49 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I'm going to try right now to compile U++ core using Visual Studio Express 2010 and precompiled headers. Wish me luck! Smile
Re: Embarking on an adventure with VS [message #43583 is a reply to message #43578] Sun, 07 September 2014 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Well, this went horribly. I had virtually zero success on my own.

But I did search a bit on the forum and found some information here:
http:// www.ultimatepp.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=40881& ;&srch=visual+studio#msg_40881

TheIDE does not generate .lib for debug builds, so I'm stuck with release builds for now. There are two more errors to fix and then maybe I can test out Core:

Quote:

1>Core.lib(WString.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_String_base::_Xran(void)" (?_Xran@_String_base@std@@SAXXZ)
1>Core.lib(WString.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_String_base::_Xlen(void)" (?_Xlen@_String_base@std@@SAXXZ)

Re: Embarking on an adventure with VS [message #43584 is a reply to message #43583] Sun, 07 September 2014 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
I managed to fix that by changing compiler version.

In release mode thing compile and run for basic tests using Visual Studio and Core.

Unfortunately, using Vector caused this error:
Quote:

1>Core.lib(sheap.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl Upp::MemoryFree(void *)" (?MemoryFree@Upp@@YAXPAX@Z) already defined in Program.obj

I fixed it by changing flagUSEMALLOC, but now I think that U++ allocator is no longer used.
Re: Embarking on an adventure with VS [message #43644 is a reply to message #43584] Wed, 17 September 2014 15:13 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
Could we get an option for TheIDE to create a .lib, even in debug mode?
Previous Topic: Marketing applications written with U++ framework
Next Topic: Raspberry Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:51:02 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07331 seconds