Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » How to call cl.exe using LocalProcess
How to call cl.exe using LocalProcess [message #44035] Tue, 16 December 2014 16:51 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Hi,

This question is a bit off-topic, but I'm trying to compile a cpp file using LocalProcess.

My program creates a .bat file which when run with double click or a command prompt works fine.

But when invoking the .bat with LocalProcess, I get an error similar to:
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'd:\MyApps\tests\tests.cpp': Permission denied

The reason I'm writing a bat first and executing it was in hopes of getting over this error message when trying to execute the body of the bat directly using LocalProcess.

Since TheIDE builds source code just fine, I was wondering if anybody working on the build code for TheIDE encountered a similar situation?

Thank you!
Re: How to call cl.exe using LocalProcess [message #44039 is a reply to message #44035] Wed, 17 December 2014 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Yeah, false alarm. Both TheIDE and me where holding some files open and the command line compiler does not like to share.
Re: How to call cl.exe using LocalProcess [message #44041 is a reply to message #44039] Wed, 17 December 2014 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Additionally, a question that probably Mirek could answer: did you manage to call cl.exe without first executing vcvarsall.bat?

Re: How to call cl.exe using LocalProcess [message #44047 is a reply to message #44041] Thu, 18 December 2014 10:14 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Sure, that is what theide is doing... AFAIK, that .bat only sets include/library paths. You can do it by commandline (which default theide setup does).

Mirek
Previous Topic: Strange behaviour: spy++ vs Ranorex vs EnumChildWindows
Next Topic: gdkconfig.h & glibconfig.h missing after hook up GCC.bm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:38:58 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01763 seconds