Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » How does one create core and ctrllib as a dll?
icon5.gif  How does one create core and ctrllib as a dll? [message #44246] Thu, 12 February 2015 05:52 Go to next message
rxantos is currently offline  rxantos
I want to create an U++ of Core and CtrlLib as dll instead of libraries.

The reason is that I want to modularize the development of an application. One main u++ exe. dlls for core and ctrllib and many plugins (not necessarily done by me) that rely on u++ and can have their own windows.

To summarize:

- One main exe, dependent on the u++ dlls. Will dynamically load the plugins dll from a plugins directory.

- Many plugin u++ dll, dependent on the u++ dlls.

- u++ dlls created from Core and CtrlLib to glue them together.

- The application and the dlls will use the same flags. Which include Multithreaded and SSE2

How do I do this?
Re: How does one create core and ctrllib as a dll? [message #44247 is a reply to message #44246] Thu, 12 February 2015 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
In theory: "All shared" in output mode.

In practice: Does not seem to work at this very moment.

Other than that, it is problematic. With .dll you have to sacrifice performance and do many things in more complicated way...
Re: How does one create core and ctrllib as a dll? [message #44255 is a reply to message #44247] Fri, 13 February 2015 14:26 Go to previous message
andreincx is currently offline  andreincx
Promising Member
mirek wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 15:30
In theory: "All shared" in output mode.

In practice: Does not seem to work at this very moment.

Other than that, it is problematic. With .dll you have to sacrifice performance and do many things in more complicated way...

Would be nice to have possiblity to specify DLL options per package (project).
So if in main package we set for example a flag USEDLL and in one package When: USEDLL Targets: DLL that package would be builded with DLL flag and output generated as *.dll/so.
Just a thought.

Andrei
Previous Topic: How to monitor key release event?
Next Topic: [SOLVED]Build fails, "Warning: stabn: description field '10005' too big, try different debug format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:00:56 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03137 seconds