Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » [c++11] Problem with executing callback with Vector
[c++11] Problem with executing callback with Vector [message #44700] Thu, 28 May 2015 14:43 Go to next message
Zbych is currently offline  Zbych
Hi,

When I'm trying to pass a vector to a callback routine:

GUI_APP_MAIN
{
	Callback1< Vector<int> > SomeCallback;
	Vector<int> v;
	SomeCallback(v);
}

GCC in c++11 mode gives me error: "use of deleted function":
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:122:7: error:   initializing argument 1 of void Upp::Callback1<P1>::operator()(P1) const [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]
  void operator()(P1 p1) const   { Execute(p1); }
       ^
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h: In instantiation of void Upp::Callback1<P1>::operator()(P1) const [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]:
/home/zbych/MyApps/GtkTest/main.cpp:46:16:   required from here
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:122:45: error: use of deleted function constexpr Upp::Vector<Upp::String>::Vector(const Upp::Vector<Upp::String>&)
                                             ^
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:121:7: error:   initializing argument 1 of void Upp::Callback1<P1>::Execute(P1) const [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]
  void Execute(P1 p1) const      { if(action) action->Execute(p1); }
       ^
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h: In instantiation of void Upp::Callback1<P1>::Execute(P1) const [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]:
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:122:45:   required from void Upp::Callback1<P1>::operator()(P1) const [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:121:46: error: use of deleted function constexpr Upp::Vector<Upp::String>::Vector(const Upp::Vector<Upp::String>&)
                                              ^
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:85:15: error:   initializing argument 1 of void Upp::Callback1Action<P1>::Execute(P1) [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]
  virtual void Execute(P1 p1) = 0;

What am I doing wrong? I don't want to pass a reference or pointer to Vector instead of Vector itself, since it is local object and I want to use PostCallback to pass it to GUI thread.
Re: [c++11] Problem with executing callback with Vector [message #44701 is a reply to message #44700] Fri, 29 May 2015 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Zbych wrote on Thu, 28 May 2015 14:43
Hi,

When I'm trying to pass a vector to a callback routine:

GUI_APP_MAIN
{
	Callback1< Vector<int> > SomeCallback;
	Vector<int> v;
	SomeCallback(v);
}

GCC in c++11 mode gives me error: "use of deleted function":
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:122:7: error:   initializing argument 1 of void Upp::Callback1<P1>::operator()(P1) const [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]
       ^
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h: In instantiation of void Upp::Callback1<P1>::operator()(P1) const [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]:
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:122:45: error: use of deleted function constexpr Upp::Vector<Upp::String>::Vector(const Upp::Vector<Upp::String>&)
                                             ^
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:121:7: error:   initializing argument 1 of void Upp::Callback1<P1>::Execute(P1) const [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]
       ^
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h: In instantiation of void Upp::Callback1<P1>::Execute(P1) const [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]:
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:122:45:   required from void Upp::Callback1<P1>::operator()(P1) const [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:121:46: error: use of deleted function constexpr Upp::Vector<Upp::String>::Vector(const Upp::Vector<Upp::String>&)
                                              ^
/home/zbych/upp/uppsrc/Core/Cbgen.h:85:15: error:   initializing argument 1 of void Upp::Callback1Action<P1>::Execute(P1) [with P1 = Upp::Vector<Upp::String>]
  virtual void Execute(P1 p1) = 0;

What am I doing wrong?

Passing Vector to callback...

Well, the trouble is you need copy and containers do not have "direct" copy.

Quick fix is IMO to use Callback1< WithDeepCopy< Vector<int> > >.

Another quick fix is to use Value[Array] instead.

If you insist on using Vector directly (both above options come at certain performance penalty), you need to reorganize the code so that you can pass reference or pointer.

Anyway, as long as you want to use PostCallback, I think your example is not correct, as PostCallback accepts simple Callback (no parameters). Perhaps you meant using something like THISBACK1 ?

If so, you could perhaps use lambda to overcome the problem...

Mirek

[Updated on: Fri, 29 May 2015 08:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [c++11] Problem with executing callback with Vector [message #44707 is a reply to message #44701] Sat, 30 May 2015 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zbych is currently offline  Zbych
mirek wrote on Fri, 29 May 2015 08:32

If you insist on using Vector directly (both above options come at certain performance penalty), you need to reorganize the code so that you can pass reference or pointer.

Anyway, as long as you want to use PostCallback, I think your example is not correct, as PostCallback accepts simple Callback (no parameters). Perhaps you meant using something like THISBACK1 ?

Mirek

If you have time, please take a look at ClientHandler::OnProcessMessageReceived from ChromiumBrowser package:
https:// code.google.com/p/upp-mirror/source/browse/trunk/bazaar/Chro miumBrowser/ClientHandler.cpp

This function receives message from V8 rendering process - message name and a vector of values.
I want to convert CefValue to Upp::Value and pass it to GUI thread. The problem is that I don't want to store this vector somewhere and pass a reference since I don't know how long I should keep it. The easiest way is to pass a copy of vector to callback.
But maybe there is some other way. To be honest, I don't know what do you mean by Value[Array].

Regards,
Zbych

Re: [c++11] Problem with executing callback with Vector [message #44712 is a reply to message #44707] Tue, 02 June 2015 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Zbych wrote on Sat, 30 May 2015 19:20
mirek wrote on Fri, 29 May 2015 08:32

Mirek

If you have time, please take a look at ClientHandler::OnProcessMessageReceived from ChromiumBrowser package:
https:// code.google.com/p/upp-mirror/source/browse/trunk/bazaar/Chro miumBrowser/ClientHandler.cpp

This function receives message from V8 rendering process - message name and a vector of values.
I want to convert CefValue to Upp::Value and pass it to GUI thread. The problem is that I don't want to store this vector somewhere and pass a reference since I don't know how long I should keep it. The easiest way is to pass a copy of vector to callback.
But maybe there is some other way. To be honest, I don't know what do you mean by Value[Array].

Regards,
Zbych

I mean ValueArray par, instead of Vector<Value> par.

If you want to keep parameter as const Vector<Value>& (it is certainly nicer), you can perhaps solve it by creating Vector<Value> on the heap, pass pointer to some auxiliary callback in PostCallback (grrr, naked heap pointer... but here it might be acceptable), in this callback call WhenMessage, then delete pointer. Something like

void HelperCallback(Callback1<const Vector<Value>&> target, Vector<Value> *vec) {
target(*vec);
delete vec;
}

Vector<Value> *vec = new Vector<Value>();
vec->Add(...);
PostCallback(callback(HelperCallback, vec));

Re: [c++11] Problem with executing callback with Vector [message #44713 is a reply to message #44712] Tue, 02 June 2015 20:42 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Or, even better, you can mix both approaches - create ValueArray, use aux callback and ValueArray::Get to get const reference to Vector<Value>... Smile
Previous Topic: [solved]How to disable "auto access redirect url " of the HttpRequest?
Next Topic: Do you need a read character literal in CParser?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:55:20 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02652 seconds