Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » embeded system (success on application of u++ layout in embeded system)
icon14.gif  embeded system [message #44861] Fri, 10 July 2015 11:38 Go to next message
brown is currently offline  brown
Promising Member
Hi & welcome !
Iam working with upp ide several years ago on desktop windows/linux enviroments.

Iam glad to inform you, I have some successfull babysteps on usage of the same .lay file in my embeded eviroment.
(so my small cltr, and several CtrlLib widget architecture use similar interace, but the any other compatibility was not a goal)
This implementation is running on xmos controllers natively (ram: n*64k), and it is actually fits one tile with the lcd and sdram codes.

Actually(+1year) Iam looking for help Smile to design and develop something which is reusable for others, or convergates to the reusable requirements/concepts.

Re: embeded system [message #44866 is a reply to message #44861] Fri, 10 July 2015 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
brown wrote on Fri, 10 July 2015 11:38
Hi & welcome !
Iam working with upp ide several years ago on desktop windows/linux enviroments.

Iam glad to inform you, I have some successfull babysteps on usage of the same .lay file in my embeded eviroment.
(so my small cltr, and several CtrlLib widget architecture use similar interace, but the any other compatibility was not a goal)
This implementation is running on xmos controllers natively (ram: n*64k), and it is actually fits one tile with the lcd and sdram codes.

Actually(+1year) Iam looking for help Smile to design and develop something which is reusable for others, or convergates to the reusable requirements/concepts.

That's nice. I always suspected Layout designer could be useful outside U++ libraries concepts...
Re: embeded system [message #44930 is a reply to message #44861] Thu, 23 July 2015 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Cool!
Making small video or maybe photo on your seccussful U++ implementation may be very inspiring for community...
Re: embeded system [message #44931 is a reply to message #44930] Thu, 23 July 2015 22:50 Go to previous message
brown is currently offline  brown
Promising Member
Yep, I am focusing on a hw level issue at this moment, after that I would like to take cares on the first release, by reorganising the codes a little bit, and of course some pictures or video would be nice to have. This one made at the first working moment. Actually there is some lil more progression on the frames, labels look&feel too. Here can be seen a layout in the editor on pc side and the embeded version can be seen on the lcd too. Ah yes, this "gui" is not based on any windows or linux codes. It is written from the scratch. Therefore, It is looks as it looks. Later I will working on the view/controller side of the visualization layer a bit, to have a nicer look&feel...
This hw here is a modular xmos developer platform. (typically used before the first prototype ready to go)

index.php?t=getfile&id=4821&private=0
  • Attachment: PIC_0368.JPG
    (Size: 729.17KB, Downloaded 446 times)
Previous Topic: Newer Layout Designer Is Missing A Control
Next Topic: Layout Designer causes compile errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:21:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01186 seconds