Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Question about Drag and Drop
Question about Drag and Drop [message #47003] Wed, 19 October 2016 10:41 Go to next message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
Hello,

When I choose to use the DND_EXACTIMAGE flag in a call to DoDragAndDrop, how can I make a visual difference between a DND_COPY and a DND_MOVE operation?
Would it not be better to have an overloaded version of this function, accepting two images (or even three, one more for the 'no drop allowed')?
Or do I overlook something?

Regards

Frank De prins

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2016 13:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Question about Drag and Drop [message #47008 is a reply to message #47003] Fri, 28 October 2016 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Nope, it just looks like you are the first one using EXACTIMAGE Smile You are right, this needs fixing.

Which would be better? 3 images, or compositing drop flags over single one? Personally, I would prefer later...
Re: Question about Drag and Drop [message #47009 is a reply to message #47008] Fri, 28 October 2016 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I must say I preferred the first one.
I already tried it out, locally (only for Windows, though) and what I did was:

Change the current version with one image to 3 images and change the code to use the right image for each of the 3 actions.
    Add a new version with one Image (conform to the old, unmodified, one) that just calls the modified one with 3 times the same image. That way, old code is not broken.

I think having 3 images gives the most flexibility.
I attached a patch file to show my mods.
  • Attachment: d&d.diff
    (Size: 2.56KB, Downloaded 165 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2016 09:25]

Re: Question about Drag and Drop [message #47010 is a reply to message #47009] Fri, 28 October 2016 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Now thinking about it: best would be do both. Provide ability to provide 3 images, then create images if they are Null. Would be nice even for !EXACTIMAGE.

Re: Question about Drag and Drop [message #47011 is a reply to message #47010] Fri, 28 October 2016 12:58 Go to previous message
Great. But then the const Image& would become const Image*. Not so?

Ah no, you said Null, not NULL or nullptr.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2016 12:59]

Previous Topic: [Linux] Upp application can block all mouse events
Next Topic: How to block background redrawing in my own widget
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:35:12 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04305 seconds