Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » umk on U++ server is obsolete and creates bad Makefiles (umk on U++ server is obsolete and must be replaced by the new version from trunk)
icon4.gif  umk on U++ server is obsolete and creates bad Makefiles [message #47351] Fri, 06 January 2017 22:31 Go to next message
amrein is currently offline  amrein
Experienced Member
Hi

The current 'umk' binary on the server is not patched and it creates not thread safe Makefiles. Those Makefiles end up in all new snapshots and prevent building U++ with threads.
-> The command line tool 'umk' needs to be replaced by the new version in trunk head.

What I mean is that 'make -j8 -C uppsrc' will stop with errors because 'make prepare' is not called soon enough. This has been fixed in svn. Unfortunately, this new version is not installed on the server yet.

I don't know who is responsible of the U++ server so I post here.

And does anyone knows how to access those two files 'umk.1' and 'theide.1' on the server? I want to include those two files inside future snapshots (editing 'src' bash script for that) for more standard POSIX/X11 tarballs.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 January 2017 22:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: umk on U++ server is obsolete and creates bad Makefiles [message #47355 is a reply to message #47351] Sun, 08 January 2017 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Updated. Now running nightly job to build tarballs.
Re: umk on U++ server is obsolete and creates bad Makefiles [message #47356 is a reply to message #47355] Sun, 08 January 2017 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi, and thank.

Before committing upp-devel.spec, I would like to know where I can find those two following files on the server.
From svn:
Quote:

trunk/uppbox/lpbuild2/umk.1
trunk/uppbox/lpbuild2/theide.1

I want to include them in future snapshots. For that I need to modify 'trunk/uppbox/Scripts/src', adding two lines:
cp -p wherever/uppbox/lpbuild2/umk.1 ~/upp.tmp/upp/
cp -p wherever/uppbox/lpbuild2/theide.1 ~/upp.tmp/upp/

but I don't know where they are.

From the win script I deducted that they are here: ~/upp.src/uppbox/lpbuild2/ but I would like to get a confirmation before modifying (and not breaking Wink the src script.
Re: umk on U++ server is obsolete and creates bad Makefiles [message #47357 is a reply to message #47356] Sun, 08 January 2017 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Also, there is no full U++ license file in the snapshot tarballs. Just uppsrc/ide/Copying.

Shouldn't we create a full Copying file will all info from http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$About$en-us.html?

Sorry to bother you with all my questions. :/

[Updated on: Sun, 08 January 2017 13:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: umk on U++ server is obsolete and creates bad Makefiles [message #47358 is a reply to message #47356] Sun, 08 January 2017 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

amrein wrote on Sun, 08 January 2017 13:04

Quote:

I want to include them in future snapshots.

I created those man pages for the same reason you need them now - to be placed in packages Smile I think it would make sense if they were at the package where they belong. Mirek, what about moving those two files into uppsrc/umk and uppsrc/theide, respectively? It would simplify packaging for all unix platforms.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: umk on U++ server is obsolete and creates bad Makefiles [message #47366 is a reply to message #47358] Mon, 09 January 2017 10:28 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Sun, 08 January 2017 13:25
amrein wrote on Sun, 08 January 2017 13:04

Quote:

I want to include them in future snapshots.

I created those man pages for the same reason you need them now - to be placed in packages Smile I think it would make sense if they were at the package where they belong. Mirek, what about moving those two files into uppsrc/umk and uppsrc/theide, respectively? It would simplify packaging for all unix platforms.

Best regards,
Honza

There copies in umk / ide now (did not dare to actually move them).

Mirek
Previous Topic: Many duplicates in U++ source code
Next Topic: Tarball issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:19:33 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01566 seconds