Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Repgen package (Compilation issue)
Repgen package [message #47628] Sat, 18 February 2017 21:34 Go to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi,

Repgen_AddressBookXML2 example does not compile Shocked . I got the following error:

Quote:
D:\Installations\Compilateurs\upp\bazaar\RepGen\RepGen.cpp (122): error C2039: 'Execute': is not a member of 'Upp::CallbackN<>'

It appears that 'Execute' is not part of the Callback function.

Any idea ?
thx in advance

Biobytes
Re: Repgen package [message #47629 is a reply to message #47628] Sat, 18 February 2017 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Just replace RepGen/RepGen.cpp - line 122:
RepGenReportFinish.Execute();

with:
RepGenReportFinish();

Let me know if the whole example works as expected. If yes I will push the change to the trunk.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Repgen package [message #47630 is a reply to message #47629] Sat, 18 February 2017 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Klugier,
Thx for the advice.

I replaced as suggested but I got an error from the linker now. See below

Quote:
(): Linking has failed
(): Creating library D:\Installations\Compilateurs\upp\out\examples-bazaar\MSC14. Debug.Debug_Full.Gui\RepGenTest_AddressBookXML2.lib and object D:\Installations\Compilateurs\upp\out\examples-bazaar\MSC14. Debug.Debu
g_Full.Gui\RepGenTest_AddressBookXML2.exp
(): RepGen.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl Upp::PdfDraw__initializer(void)" (?PdfDraw__initializer@Upp@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall Upp::PdfDraw__initialize_struct::PdfDraw__init
ialize_struct(void)" (??0PdfDraw__initialize_struct@Upp@@QAE@XZ)
(): D:\Installations\Compilateurs\upp\out\examples-bazaar\MSC14. Debug.Debug_Full.Gui\RepGenTest_AddressBookXML2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Maybe something I miss Rolling Eyes
Regards

Biobytes
Re: Repgen package [message #47631 is a reply to message #47630] Sat, 18 February 2017 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Currently, I am working on Linux machine - so everything compiles fine. Can you try with MinGW and make clean build with MSVC? Moreover, you could try to update your version of upp to the latest stable build - hope you are working on that version.

I would like to inform you that I committed changes related to compilation error to trunk.

Sincerely,
Klugier

[Updated on: Sat, 18 February 2017 22:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Repgen package [message #47635 is a reply to message #47631] Sun, 19 February 2017 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Thank you for your efforts and help.
I have no MingW compiler installed, only MSC14 working on Windows 10 machine.

What is somewhat weird is that another projet with repgen package compiles well while addressbookXML2 does not.

I am a bit lost Confused

Cheers
Biobytes
Re: Repgen package [message #47636 is a reply to message #47635] Sun, 19 February 2017 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Now, I see what is wrong in the code. Please remove following line from PdfDraw/PdfDraw.h (line 10):
INITIALIZE(PdfDraw);

It seems that initializer is never used in this package and it is not implemented via INTIALIZER structure. We need to fix that problem with this package, because it seems to be serious (it is uppsrc package, not bazaar).

I created ticket for that issue: #1646. So, you should be calm about fixing it on the u++ main line.

Sincerely and thanks for reporting,
Klugier

[Updated on: Sun, 19 February 2017 22:35]

[SOLVED] Re: Repgen package [message #47637 is a reply to message #47636] Mon, 20 February 2017 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Klugier,

Thank you very much. Deleting line 10 in PdfDraw/PdfDraw.h solves the problem Smile

Regards

Biobytes

[Updated on: Mon, 20 February 2017 09:42]

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Repgen package [message #47647 is a reply to message #47637] Tue, 21 February 2017 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
BioBytes wrote on Mon, 20 February 2017 09:41
Hi Klugier,

Thank you very much. Deleting line 10 in PdfDraw/PdfDraw.h solves the problem Smile

Regards

Biobytes

That fix is wrong, the real problem is in RepGen. RepGen.cpp includes PdfDraw.h, but RepGen does not have it in uses.

Now things become quite tricky: PdfDraw is in workspace because it is *conditionally* used by CtrlLib - but the condition is that target is LINUX. This is because in Linux, we are using PdfDraw for printing (as Linux printing system accepts Pdf as input). In Win32, it is not included because it is not required.

So the correct fix is to add PdfDraw to uses of RepGen. Done and commited.

Mirek
Re: [SOLVED] Re: Repgen package [message #47653 is a reply to message #47647] Tue, 21 February 2017 20:51 Go to previous message
Thanks Mirek for this clarification and additional explanation Razz

Regards
Biobytes
Previous Topic: Google Mock - now available at bazaar
Next Topic: Added Google Test
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:52:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01320 seconds