Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Transfer Semantics - Initializer list and copy constructors
Transfer Semantics - Initializer list and copy constructors [message #10459] Tue, 10 July 2007 15:33 Go to previous message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
I've been trying to get used to Upp NTL library and the pick semantics, an idea that I think is great, but still have a few questions.

Mainly, do initializer lists use deep copy/copy constructors? Also, the do Vector and Array Add() functions use copy constructors while the AddPick() functions do not?

I read the NTL tutorial and the Transfer Semantics section, but I think you should improve on this section with other examples of using it and not using it so that it is easier to grasp at first. I would love to see examples for appending Arrays or Vectors and an expanded explanation on the use of the Pick() and Copy() functions. This is all probably because I am still learning C++ as a language, and want to see it easy to learn and know the differences between standard implementations and NTL; especially for the cases where we use libraries that utilize standard library containers and we have to use them along with NTL containers.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: GetIndex on Array
Next Topic: Crash on LoadFromFile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 08:58:48 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02146 seconds