Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Ideas for an SVN addition to theide
Ideas for an SVN addition to theide [message #16081] Tue, 27 May 2008 11:25 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
I'm coding on those days a class encapsulating SVN behaviour.
It should be able (when finished) to do by code all SVN command do, so checking out code, committing it, updatin, diff versions and so.
Next step would be to try an integration in theide, and I was thinking about the way on how to do it.
My idea is the following :

1) bring to user some directory trees corresponding to nests in current project's assembly.

2) give the ability to connect them (individually) to svn repositories. I mean, if we have following nest :
/.../MyApps;/.../uppsrc

and MyApps contains :
/...MyApps/App1/
/...MyApps/App2/

we could give user the ability to connect to svn repo all MyApps nest or just MyApps/App1, for example. Or even just uppsrc if user don't need svn on his apps.

Connection would mean merging current user's nest with SVN repo one. From then, user's nest will stay connected to svn repo until manually disconnected.

3) On each svn connected nest, bring a contextual menu with all relevant svn commands, so the ability to check wether files are modified locally or on repo, visually diff them with repo or diff different version on repo, patch them and/or bring back previous file's versions.

4) give users the ability to re-export nests as normal (non svn) trees or even detach them from svn repository, and maybe to pack them on tar/zip files for deploying, or even (with some more work...) to build installable packages from them.

Help and suggestions welcome ! Smile

Ciao

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Recent Ubuntu8.04 troubles confirmed to be the compiler bug
Next Topic: serious mingw bug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 02:00:35 CEST 2024