Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » deb packages don't update user sources properly
deb packages don't update user sources properly [message #26255] Sun, 18 April 2010 19:40 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi everyone!

I have to file bug against my own work Rolling Eyes

I just realized a stupid error in the logic of using ubuntu packages. If user installs the package (doesn't matter how, even manually) and runs theide for the first time, the dialog is presented, asking if the sources should be copied to home directory. But if we automatically update later, new sources are copied to /usr/share/upp, but they never get into the users home, where are his assemblies set up.

Simple solution would be to check if the version in users ide/version.h is the same as the version in corresponding file in /usr/share/upp. If they are different, user should be presented with dialog asking if he wants to overwrite the sources with newer ones.

So, before I start to work on a fix, does anyone see any problems with this solution?

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Automatic nightly builds reastored - and reason(s) why it was failing (unodgs, please read :)
Next Topic: [PROPOSAL] Changes to packaging scheme
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 14:25:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01651 seconds