Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » My TheIDE complaints
My TheIDE complaints [message #27509] Wed, 21 July 2010 15:00 Go to previous message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
Hi. I've got a couple of issues with recent changes to TheIDE that are really winding me up.

FontScroll: I really, REALLY hate this feature in VS. I'm not even sure what it's for, but I only even trigger it by accident when holding down Ctrl and trying to scroll the code view. It's then very fiddly to find the text size that I prefer again. Of all of the good features of VS it seems bizarre that this is the one that gets perfectly copied.

Who on earth thought it was a good idea to bind this goddamned feature to CTRL+MouseWheel anyway? If you really want to zoom out the text to scroll (the only use I can imagine) then bind it to a key or something, not some combination that I already activate constantly! Also the default text size should be the MAXIMUM size so that it's easy to return to your prefered size when you inevitably trigger it by accident. What the hell is the point of enlarging the text? If you can't read it then you need to set a bigger default font!

Rant over. This feature badly needs a setting to disable it.

New find-replace dialogs
: The original Find/Replace dialog was non-standard and admittidly had a few things that could be improved. However, once you got used to it it was BETTER than the standard way of splitting up the dialogs.

I have now bound Replace to CTRL+F so I never even use the 'Find' dialog but I'm still missing the old 'Replace ALL' option. I don't want to have to select the whole file in order to replace all instances.

AutoComplete
: As someone who uses both VS and TheIDE having the auto-complete key as TAB in VS and K_RETURN in TheIde drives me crazy. I can't change VS but can this please be configurable in TheIDE please?

Otherwise it's lovely Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2010 15:01]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Compiling and linking problems
Next Topic: TheIDE hangs on "Show svn history of file"
Goto Forum: