Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » how to Internationalize my app?
how to Internationalize my app? [message #3332] Sat, 20 May 2006 17:37 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

the application is almost ready. Now I would like to make it international. I've read the document "Internationalization and translation files" but I need some other hint. For the moment I've marked with t_("...") the string of the application where I want should appear some other language.
I would like to provvide several translation files that the user can modify as he likes. Once he set one language each time the application run with the same language. For the moment let's talk only about Italian translation. I guess I must use UTF8 code (I want to support even Russian alphabet).

If I've understood I have to produce a translation file for each language. Unfortunatly I've not been able to export a .tr file with t_(...) string of my application. I've tried
myapp --export-tr itit-

but the file obtained didn't contain my t_(...) but only those of the U++ library. Where I do mistake?

Luigi

[Updated on: Sat, 20 May 2006 17:41]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Non-english symbols unreadable [solved w/ SetDefaultCharset]
Next Topic: Spacing problems with FileSel...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:17:11 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07880 seconds