Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Compiling under Linux
Compiling under Linux [message #37988] Tue, 27 November 2012 11:09 Go to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
It has been years since I had to compile U++ for Linux, and even then I used the NOGTK flag. Today I tried to compile from source on a machine I have no root access, and I got this:

Quote:

c++ -c -x c++ -O3 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -I./ -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/X11R6/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/cairo -I/usr/X11R6/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -DflagGUI -DflagGCC -DflagSHARED -DflagLINUX -DflagPOSIX CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp -o _out/CtrlLib//home/upp/Scripts/GCCMK.bm-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Posix- Shared/TrayIconX11.o
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp:9:34: error: libnotify/notify.h: No such file or directory
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp: In member function âvoid Upp::TrayIcon::Message(int, const char*, const char*, int)â:
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp:104: error: ânotify_is_inittedâ was not declared in this scope
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp:105: error: ânotify_initâ was not declared in this scope
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp:111: error: âNotifyNotificationâ was not declared in this scope
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp:111: error: ânotificationâ was not declared in this scope
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp:118: error: ânotify_notification_newâ was not declared in this scope
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp:119: error: ânotify_notification_set_timeoutâ was not declared in this scope
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp:120: error: ânotify_notification_showâ was not declared in this scope
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp: In function âvoid Upp::s__s125_fn()â:
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp:126: error: ânotify_is_inittedâ was not declared in this scope
CtrlLib/TrayIconX11.cpp:127: error: ânotify_uninitâ was not declared in this scope

It seems it can't find libnotify. Is this lib required? Can I remove the dependency with the NOGTK flag? And how do you specify that flag. I can no longer remember. I am digging thought the makefiles to see.

EDIT: Changed to quote, to allow line wrap. Honza

[Updated on: Tue, 27 November 2012 13:48] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Problem building from commandline on Linux