Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » RichText,QTF,RTF... » Only one RichEdit on one Form possible?
Only one RichEdit on one Form possible? [message #45525] Fri, 27 November 2015 10:11 Go to previous message
WebChaot is currently offline  WebChaot
Hello!

Have a Problem with RichEdit: I need 4 RichEdit-Components on one Form (for a Report Designer with Header, Body, Footer and another one on another tab of same form). When i put them on Layout in LayoutDesigner and start Application i allways get:

Exception: C00000FD at 00953F67
EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW

The error list contains:

_chkstk()
Upp::AppExecute_(app=406519)
WinMain(hInstance...)
_tmainCRTStartup()
WinMainCRTStartup()

Because this happens on startup I have no idea, where and how to search. But while playing around, I could find the reason: When changing all RichEdit by RichTextView it works fine (but I'm not able to edit the text). When only put 2 RichEdit and replace the other 2 with RichTextView, it compiles. So, 2 RichEdits at same time seems to work - more of them crashes. No idea why. So I wonder, that I found an ScreenShot in Forum with exactly this layout - why does it work for him?

And when put 2 RichEdit on a Form and assign Toolbar to them, only on first Toolbar the DropLists work - on second there is nothing (except the space for the Controls).

I also tried to assign the 4 RichEdits by code directly instead of designer - but makes no difference Sad

Currently I think about a workaround: Put 4 RichTextView on Form - and onMouseEnter I overlay an RichEdit for this specific field. But thats much work and not really, what I wanted to do. Would only be the last option to get this part of application to work.

Would be great, if anybody has an idea.

Thanks a lot,

WebChaot

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Qtf and non UTF8 strings
Next Topic: BUG? in TxtPaint.cpp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:06:12 CEST 2024