Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Using VisualStudio as a main IDE (Compilation errors)
Using VisualStudio as a main IDE [message #51271] Tue, 26 February 2019 20:14 Go to previous message
Lucas is currently offline  Lucas
Promising Member
Hi.
First of all I would like to introduce myself here on this forum.
My Name is Lucas and I am really grateful I can join this community and be able to use UPP. I have found this library by an accident when I decided I will not download absolutely MASSIVE (like 30GB or so) Qt dev kit, just to make some GUI. I saw yours examples and I fell in love with this simplicity, quickness of using, compilation times, lack of shenanigans like in case of MOC in Qt. Basically UPP became my "weapon of choice" to everything that I do that requires GUI.

The problem that I would like to write here about is that I need to use VisualStudio IDE. I have no problem using TheIDE especially the fantastic layout designer, but I am in process of learning VisualStudio as a part of preparing for a new job role. I am rather yet a beginner programmer and I have found a lot of difficulties in not only compiling whole library in VisualStudio but even using it.

Are there any compiler options that I have to use to make it works? I am getting lots of ambiguity errors (mainly json.h). When I am using TheIde code compiles with no problem using the same compiler. However when I try to manually include json.h I get the same errors in the IDE. My guess is that I have to define some macros for conditional compilation.

I will be really grateful for any help.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: how can I draw on the top of a dockwindow?
Next Topic: RegExp::ReplaceGlobal() is buggy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:50:26 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07784 seconds