Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » Urr Data not properly returned in our case
Urr Data not properly returned in our case [message #56126] Sat, 30 January 2021 02:44 Go to previous message
sinpeople is currently offline  sinpeople
Promising Member

Hi folks,

I zoomed in to the case in which udp data sent from win10 sdk is not properly handled by Urr.

I did the following to isolate the problem.
A) send and receive udp data by using win10 sdk for both send and receive. (No data missing) index.php?t=getfile&id=6360&private=0

B) send and receive udp data by using Urr protocol call for both send and receive (No data missing)index.php?t=getfile&id=6361&private=0

C) send udp from win10 sdk to Urr receive (First 20 characters are missing)index.php?t=getfile&id=6358&private=0

I cannot tell what's the difference that caused the failure of cross-platform handling to receive UDP data from Win10 sdk. I have attached all my relevant source code here. I deleted most of those irrelevant portions and it can be compiled.

I looked into the Urr server.cpp and I found a 20 in the source code for handling the receiving data in the buffer. But I am such a newbie that I cannot understand what it is trying to do there.

Thank you very much for looking into this issue. Please advise how I can make change to correctly get data sent from win10 sdk. Though I have the win10 sdk sample code here, I prefer solve the problem at U++ side because U++ is the platform I choose to do my work.

Hope I have provided sufficient into and all source code are runnable at your side.

Best Regards
David WANG
P.S. I also tried to send data from U++ Urr and receive it by win10 sdk program. Win10 sdk program crashed immediately after I launch the sending program.

[Updated on: Sun, 31 January 2021 13:33]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Missing data in the socket
Next Topic: GuiLock and GuiUnlock objects are of different type.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:55:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01437 seconds