FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » U++ and Vulkan SDK
U++ and Vulkan SDK [message #56853] Wed, 21 April 2021 12:06 Go to previous message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello U++,

I have spent time looking at vulkan and trying to do some thing with it. As a U++ user, I have think out how I could implement it into U++ to provide at least a Vulkan Ctrl.
The task of providing a simple Vulkan Ctrl which is capable of printing a Vulkan pixel buffer into the screen should not be that hard. However, I think it would be better to provide via this vulkan implementation a complete set of all tools used to developpe under Vulkan.
Thoses tools, normally provided by the LunarG Vulkan SDK are really important in the developpement cycle of a typical vulkan application. That's why, when, as user, I think about going onto UppHUB to download the VulkanCtrl, I'm expecting to have all tools to developpe vulkan application using this Vulkan Ctrl.

In this idea, I'm wondering if it is possible, nor usefull, to implement in TheIDE a way to download file (like this SDK) and install it (by asking permission to users obviously).
By adding thoses kinds of features, users only have to click on "download Vulkan Ctrl" to have all importantes features of vulkan installed and to be ready to work with it as quickly and simply as posible.

What you think about this idea ?

Best regards

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [Proposal] Markdown to QTF converter/parser
Next Topic: problems compiling nightly on MSVS2019/2017 nested lambda's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:41:33 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.90315 seconds