Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » 32 bit wchar - for now in branch
32 bit wchar - for now in branch [message #57636] Tue, 19 October 2021 20:22 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Recently I am transitioning wchar to 32 bit for improved unicode support. This is the first for the full Unicode support - at this phase, I do not yet expect advanced text shaping to be used, just to allow codepoints outside of basic plane (codepoints > 65536).

Today I have reached the milestone when I have finally displayed some emoji characters in UWord in Win32, so maybe this is time to announce the existence of 'wchar' branch on github - that is the one with sizeof(wchar) == 4 so that maybe you can start testing this too.

So far I am only supporting Win32.

There was quite a lot things to fix in uppsrc (unexpectly so). The fact that WCHAR is not the same as wchar caused some probles as well as '2' instead of 'sizeof(wchar)' in some places (yep, thats bad coding 10 years ago, shame on me). So I recommend to do "Find all" "WCHAR" and "wchar" in your code just to check all is OK...

(Note that I am regularly rebasing 'wchar' branch, which unfortunately means force pushes and rewriting 'wchar' history...)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message