Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Start a new project on Ultimate++?
icon5.gif  Start a new project on Ultimate++? [message #7127] Fri, 15 December 2006 09:49 Go to previous message
Wolferl2 is currently offline  Wolferl2
Dear community,

I plan a new project that should run on PC and (in the future) on the Mac. The software is rather simple, the user should specify some settings and the result is a sheet of paper that has to be printed or should be displayed as a preview.
I have done something similar before (see www.boenninghausen.de) for both the PC and the Mac - including Mac OS 8/9 Wink.
The old project is developed twice, one version for the PC with Visual C++ and MFC, the other for the Mac is done with RealBasic. So I have twice the support, and a lot of questions - why is this better on the PC than on the Mac and vice versa.
So what I need is a way to make crossplattform development.

- Java programs don’t look that good (to my opinion)
- Java/SWT is no real crossplattform development, (program once, test and debug anywhere)
- RealBasic is not that nice, so I really would like to stop the old project
- QT is too expensive

So Ultimate++ would be a good choice.

My questions now:

Is there a chance to start a new project that would run within 12 months on the Mac?

Can I print in a nice way in Ultimate++ (beside from drawing lines in absolute printer coordinates)?

Is the Array-Control extensible, so that I can add text-completion into the input cells of the grid?

Can I format the Array Control, so that it looks nice (no cell borders, background colors, frames, font size e.g.)

Can I say "dear ArrayControl, please print yourself on the printer and be sure all your content fits on 1 page wide and 2 pages tall" ?

I would really like to start using a new UI Framework and I hope all my needs can be done with Ultimate++

Best wishes

Wolfgang Hennig

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: upp and boost - t_
Next Topic: new package and forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 09:37:21 CEST 2024