FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Computer crashed
Computer crashed [message #8949] Mon, 09 April 2007 18:39 Go to previous message
jimmygyuma is currently offline  jimmygyuma
Promising Member
I do personal programming only and have been looking for something to replace my VC++6, Qt lashup. Tried wxPython, too slow. wxDev-C++, the debugger is the pits. Yesterday I stumbled across U++ and downloaded it immediately.
This morning I fired it up, did the PromptOK("Hello World"); bit, the blank window. the decorated window, and was typing in the 'Magenta Hello World' thing, when my computer crashed. Even though I've downloaded a lot of questionable programs and written even more myself, that is a rare event. I got the blue screen and when I got it restarted, this was the explanation:

RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL Relocation

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated im memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX
occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

Anybody recognize this? Please let it be a passing glitch, I desparately need a new programming system.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 April 2007 18:41]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: orphaned GCC.bm and differing source tree after upgrade
Next Topic: "Anonymous Coward"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 04:56:49 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03469 seconds