Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Compound New <:PACKAGE:> name etc. [FEATURE REQUEST]
Re: Compound New <:PACKAGE:> name etc. [FEATURE REQUEST] [message #3313 is a reply to message #3308] Fri, 19 May 2006 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member

Hmmm. Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm slowly getting my head round what you're saying. I remember you talking about "finishing your templates" a little while ago. I still don't fully understand though ...

It seems you've created your own version of the "create new package" dialog (with a nice icon!), perhaps based on existing upp code ??? - can't you submit this as a "third party tool" though? Why do you need theIde package dialog to change ??

I did notice a while ago the existing "create package" dialog was in danger of running out of room for extra checkboxes from user created templates.

I'm not sure I understand but it seems the purpose of the author/prefix/version items is to make it easier to duplicate the package in future, however I don't understand why this makes it easier ?? Is your "duplicate package" command going to go through all the package source files and change #include <packagenameV1/xxx.h> to #include <packagenameV2/xxx.h> ??

With the HelloWorld example, you can duplicate the package by copying the directory and calling it HelloWorld2 and renaming the upp file to HelloWorld2. The source files in the package don't explicitly use the package name in any #includes.

I'm wondering why would a package source file use its own package name in a #include ??. In the top level package folder, you can just do #include "xxx.h". For header files that are in sub folders of the top level package folder I guess you need to use the package folder name sometimes - you can also use relative paths though (e.g. ../../something/xxx.h )

My feeling is that packages that have nested folders are "serious" packages that don't get duplicated very often and can possibly use the assembly nest path mechanism. However I'm not sure I really understand so I don't want to pour cold water on what you're doing Smile

(Why are there 61 downloads of the png attachment on your post when you can see the image in the forum ??? ).

Anyway, I admire your enthusiasm Smile

Graeme

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message