Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Touchscreen on raspberry: problem with events
Re: Touchscreen on raspberry: problem with events [message #48632 is a reply to message #48630] Thu, 10 August 2017 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Giorgio is currently offline  Giorgio
Experienced Member
Hi there,
I was wrong in my previous post. It seems like the logging has some "buffering" system, so events are not printed on console as soon as they happen, but only when the "buffer" is full. Taking that in mind (and waiting for the buffer to be full), I found out that if I makes a single tap, what is logged is something like:

" GDK_BUTTON_PRESSGDK_PROPERTY_NOTIFYGDK_EXPOSEGDK_EXPOSEGDK_P ROPERTY_NOTIFYGDK_MOTION_NOTIFYGDK_BUTTON_RELEASE "

That makes sense, because the couple GDK_BUTTON_PRESS + GDK_BUTTON_RELEASE (and five events between them) is the same that is logged when I tap on a button, and when - for a button - I define a WhenPush callback the button works.

Now let's see what happens when I click the Switch control with the mouse (in this case the switch control works as expected):

GDK_BUTTON_PRESSGDK_PROPERTY_NOTIFYGDK_EXPOSEGDK_BUTTON_RELE ASE

We have the same couple GDK_BUTTON_PRESS + GDK_BUTTON_RELEASE, but between them there are just two other events (GDK_PROPERTY_NOTIFY and GDK_EXPOSE) while with a single tap here are 5 events between them (GDK_PROPERTY_NOTIFY, GDK_EXPOSE, GDK_EXPOSE, GDK_PROPERTY_NOTIFY, GDK_MOTION_NOTIFY).

I think that the problem is that, but I have no idea how to fix it Sad

Any suggestion from more experienced user is appreciated.
Thanks,
Gio

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message