Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Creating Projects outside of upp/uppsrc and VS2017
Creating Projects outside of upp/uppsrc and VS2017 [message #48818] Thu, 28 September 2017 03:51
hydexon is currently offline  hydexon
Hi, i'm new to Ultimate++, wanted to avoid the UNIX-ugliness/LGPL of GTK+ and the bloat of Qt5, and saw U++ framework a good alternative. but i have some concerns.

* After i opened the TheIde, i saw in order to create my own project, i have to make my own Main Package for my application. I have an big project behind and i want to use Ultimate++ as my GUI frontend of such project which such project has their own subdirectory, but i can't create an app outside of the U++ folder/uppsrc.
* My project aforementioned uses extensively CMake as his build system, and doesn't rely of Ultimate++ extensively, only my GUI tools, i saw in a thread in this forum i can build U++ projects using an community-provided CMake scripts.
* U++ can compile and link projects (as well their own libraries and tools) in Visual Studio 2017?, i never liked to use MinGW or CYGWIN.

Thanks.

Read Message
Previous Topic: Small java script problem in form
Next Topic: source path , using Wix command prompt??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:11:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01335 seconds