Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » Am I misunderstanding how packages are supposed to work?
Am I misunderstanding how packages are supposed to work? [message #3310] Fri, 19 May 2006 11:07 Go to previous message
Babs is currently offline  Babs
Hi there. I've just started looking at U++ with a mind to porting a pretty large app to it and I'm having some issues with how multiple packages work within a project. Hopefully someone can help me.

1- Should you have to #include the header file for a package, even if the package using it has it listed as 'Uses xxxx' in the package organiser? I can't get it to compile otherwise, but it seems to go against the whole point of packages. It also leads to the problem below:

2- I've got a package that has to use some external header files (It's a wrapper for some older software) which require extra include paths for compilation (-I or /I switches). Now, it seems sensible to me that these should only have to be specified for the package that actually needs the headers, or even just the whole project, but no. The only way to make it compile is to add the compiler options to every package that includes the package with the extra headers. This is very annoying as pretty much all of the packages in my app need to access it.

I assume I'm missing something simple here because if this is the way it's supposed to work it's actually more hassle than just including everything in one big package. At least then I'd only have to specifiy compilation options once for the whole project. I would be grateful if someone could shed some light on this for me.

On the plus side - I like pretty much everything else Smile

Thanks in advance.

355e58fb36af625a92a9946dfe1f43b2

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bug