Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » Am I misunderstanding how packages are supposed to work?
Re: Am I misunderstanding how packages are supposed to work? [message #3311 is a reply to message #3310] Fri, 19 May 2006 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member

In TheIDE, click on the pink "help index" button, then have a read of "packages, assemblies and nests" (which I wrote) - especially the section near the end on "alternative include path mechanisms".

In there, I wrote

"the package-organizer allows you to enter additional switches to be passed to the compiler for all packages, for specific packages or for specific source files"

but I forget how to enter switches that apply to all packages ... Smile - maybe Mirek can say if this is possible ...

Anyway, you can also use the "nest path setting" in the assembly setup - as described in "alternative include path mechanisms". I suggest you try and read all of "packages, assemblies and nests" though.

In answer to question 1 - what do you mean by the "header file for a package". Do you mean if you have a package called pkg1, then there is a header file called pkg1.h. You definitely have to do the #include pkg1.h yourself, even when your package uses pkg1. If U++ tried to auto #include certain header files I think it would seriously screw up some code. When a package uses another package, it just means that U++ will try to build and use the object files/libs of the used packages when it builds/links the main package.

Graeme

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bug
Next Topic: DLL or OCX ??
Goto Forum: