Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » Am I misunderstanding how packages are supposed to work?
Re: Am I misunderstanding how packages are supposed to work? [message #3315 is a reply to message #3314] Fri, 19 May 2006 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
Babs wrote on Fri, 19 May 2006 22:24

I don't feel quite so stupid now as it's the same info that's on the website. While well-written and useful as an introduction it is somewhat lacking in specifics (this is not a dig - writing good documentation is both difficult and tedious and I'm glad you made the effort). It does seem I misunderstood how packages are supposed to work though, thanks for the pointers.

You do indeed write:
"the package-organizer allows you to enter additional switches to be passed to the compiler for all packages, for specific packages or for specific source files"
And then don't say how Smile

Does anyone know?

Actually I've just noticed I described how it works in the "Package build settings" section of "Configuring packages and assemblies". The link from the "packages, assemblies and nests" topic isn't currently able to specify the specific section so I guess I should have named the section when linking to it Smile
Feel free to suggest improvements to the help files. The help system is a sort of organised chaos at present Smile - but Mirek answers most things fairly quickly.

Graeme

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bug
Next Topic: DLL or OCX ??
Goto Forum: