Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » Assemblies, Nests, Packages & Main...huh?! (How are these features actually used for a software project)
Re: Assemblies, Nests, Packages & Main...huh?! [message #49419 is a reply to message #49415] Wed, 07 February 2018 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Woozle is currently offline  Woozle
Ok, so here I am replying to my own post. Having played and pondered some more on this, here's what I think is a partial answer, but happy to receive any corrections to my thinking...

• Library code goes into a package (e.g. maths library package, drawing library package)
• Application code goes into a package (e.g. MyPaintApp package, MyNextGreatApp package)
• For what we used to call a 'Project', there will be a package that holds the primary code for the application (Project) in question. This package will be the main package (e.g. MyPaintApp package, MyNextGreatApp package)
• Library packages used by the main package (probably) won't be main packages themselves.
• Thus each new application (MyPaintAppt) will be a different main package from the next application (MyNextGreatApp), although in practice the build settings etc. may be the same or not.
• A collection of packages (whether they be main or not) can be bundled together under an assembly (I guess you might use this if you do projects for different customers, in which case each customer could be an assembly, under which you could bundle a view of all the packages you use for that customer.)

Have I got this right so far?

Still not sure yet where a nest fits into this...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Package (Library)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 10:59:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02350 seconds